Monday, February 22

CAS55 ~ Makeover

Today's CAS (Clean & Simple) challenge is to makeover one of our cards. I chose to redo the second card that you can see here, (the first one is Brandon's). I need to make a few Teenage boy cards, and my boys have told me to use stars -- so that's what I am going to do :o).


I picked up $1 stamp set from Studio G, to make some "Rock Star" cards. I think these stamps are cute, but they are definitely not the quality of SU! I changed the color scheme and used the star punches instead of the heart punches. I used LeAnne's idea of stamping the background diagonally, which you can see here. The background is the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Studio G
Paper: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise -- Marker
Extras: Star and little star punches, Cuttle bug, Tiny Mosaic embossing folder

The inside:

6 Comments:

LeAnne said...

WOW! This is awesome! I love how you used the punches for the star--very clever. The colors really pack a "punch" TOO!

stampinfrog said...

This is a fantastic card for teen age boys!Fabulous color combo and the star is perfect!
Hugs,Connie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Simply fab!! I love to see masculine card!

Bev J. said...

Neat card. I had to look close to see how you punched the star in the bright blue panel -looks great!

Michelle L. said...

This is fantastic, Corie! I love the punched star opening. So cool.

Rita said...

Wowza...luv this card & the colors are so fabulous!!!