Sunday, February 21

FS159 - Everythin's Coming Up Roses

Today's Featured stamper is Judy Rose. I stumbled onto Judy's gallery a few weeks ago through all the challenges I have been doing. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW. Go visit her gallery it is truly AMAZING!!! I had a difficult time choosing which card to CASE. I had saved this card to my favorites before I even knew Judy, so I thought it should be the one.


We are supposed to change at least 2 things. I changed everything but the colors, and layout -- but the card is still the same. I didn't have the pretty rhinestone ribbon slide, so I made my own. I look the rectangle ribbon slide from the hodgepodge hardware set and I used Crystal Effects to glue rhinestones around the edges. I made the puffy flowers from Velum like yesterday, but this time I sponged Groovy Guava on the edges. This is one of the Flower Pocket cards. There is a great tutorial on SCS, if you are interested.

If you haven't seen the tutorial on the puffy flowers you can find it here.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Corie

Stamps: Sentiment
Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Sabrina DP (Making Memories)
Inks: Basic Black, Groovy Guava
Extras: Eyelet Border, 5 Petal Flower & Scallop Circle punches, Crop-A-Dial, Paper Snips, Medium Silver Brads, Sponges, Cuttle Bug, Beautiful Butterflies Die & Butterfly embosslit, Clear Rhinestones, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, 2-way Glue pen

The inside:

16 Comments:

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...you're killing me! I hate Groovy Guava but I love this! You have to see my card tomorrow...your ears will be burning!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Corie! love those poofy flowers in the pot:)

jovialjudi said...

This is one of my very favorite cards Corie! Love what you did with it. Thanks again for all your thoughtful comments! I do appreciate it. Hugs, Judi

Rita said...

Wowza, I'm picking my jaw up from the ground...STUNNING!!! Great idea for making your own fancy ribbon slide & I am totally casing this card so I just put it on my to do list. Fabulous work & I'm really lovin those velim flowers, the possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing!

Juanita said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love those flowers and will need to try it your way.

Rose Ann said...

Oh my....this is gorgeous, Cori!! I absolutely LOVE everything about it!!

Anonymous said...

this is lovely Corie. so pretty! I love how you added the leaves to the flowers, and the ribbon buckly and the butterfly, oh geez I think i love it all :)

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh Corie - great job as usual. I love how you changed up this card - great work.

Anne Harada said...

Oh my word, Corie!! This is amazing, the vellum flowers kill me!! Just creative beyond words girl!!

Susan (rainy) said...

*THUD* This is gorgeous.. stunning.. absolutely perfect.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Corie! you are totally amazing!
Your cards just get more and more beautiful! I didn't believe it could be possible, but they do!
Your flowers are divine, and your handcrafted rhinestone buckle is fantastic!
Hugs
Nicola

Lynn McAuley said...

This is such an exquisite piece of work, Corie!! Your blossoms are so gorgeous with the gently sponged edges!! Love the fabulous black and white paper you have used for your pot and butterflies!! Every detail is perfect!!

kathleenh said...

OMG Corie, this is soooooo gorgeous! You are a master at these flowers. I love the ink sponged on the edges. I'm gonna give that a try.

Risa said...

What a beautiful flowerpot card Corie! Your velum flowers are stunning!
hugs
Risa:)

LeAnne said...

Wow, your creations just get better & better! I LOVE your rhinestone slide--how clever--and your roses are gorgeous too!

stampinfrog said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!Love the puffy flowers,Fabulous papers!
Hugs,Connie