Monday, February 8

CAS53 & LPSC54

Well Brandon did set his alarm for 12 this morning to do the CAS challenge today. One problem -- he didn't wake up, I did -- long enough to turn it off.


We have been shoveling snow -- and playing some too. They are predicting 5-10 more inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. That probably means no school all week. I am looking at the bright side -- I get to spend time with my kids -- let's see if I make it until the end of the week :o)

We saw on the Little Paper Shop Blog that the challenge this week is a color challenge -- Red, White, and Black. So our cards work for that challenge too.

The first card is Brandon's. We both picked the Cinnamon Toothpicks box for inspiration. He thought that flavored toothpicks were an awesome idea. He wanted to use a piece of the candy that we are putting on his valentines for this challenge -- the red heart in the middle is chocolate krispy candy from the $1 store.

We created our cards at the same time, but he did this one completely by himself -- even choosing to do a 3" x 3" card. I don't think I would have used a black heart -- to morbid for me, but for a boy it makes perfect sense. I am a perfectionist and a control freak, and I struggle with taking over his projects, but I am learning to let go. He did a Fantastic job and I am truly PROUD of him.

Stamps: none
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Textured Real Red
Inks: none
Extras: Full and Small Heart punches, Cuttle bug, Dot embossing folder

This one is mine.


Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, and Textured Real Red
Inks: Basic Black
Extras: Full and Small Heart punches, Cuttle bug, Dot embossing folder

The inside of my card:

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is just lovely! I just love your style. And I am quite partial to the one with the candy on the front! thats my kind of card. Yummo! :) thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog!

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful. You did a terrific job and I can't think of a better way to spend a snowday...How great to do it with your stamping partner..

Rose Ann said...

Brandon's card is so sweet, and I love your bold hearts on yours!! Wonderful Valentines, Corie!!

Paula said...

great cards from Brandon and you too Corie! Love the color combo. I got that same candy to fill DH's Valentine treat bag. They're pretty good, I had to try them.

Allison Rankin said...

Heart this lots! Super job from both of you! Brandon, you're killing me with the addiction...esp. staying up for a challenge...ha!

Pixie said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

Love the second card:) The simplicity is pretty! And I love how you also decorate the inside. Many card makers don't even show the inside. Lovely card!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

CASE'd you on my site today ... thanks so much for the inspiration!