Tuesday, February 9

CC257

The colors for today's color challenge on SCS are Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, and Sage Shadow. The dessert option was patterns. When I heard this color combo I immediately thought about the retired outlaw DP and the True Friend stamp set. Then Betty said that we could make our own pattern, I took her seriously. I made my own DP out of the Outlaw DP.


I used chocolate chip to stamp the medallion on the beige paisley DP. I colored the medallion in with my Dusty Durango and Sage Shadow markers. Then I made a puffy flower -- I know I am addicted to these. Do you see how this one looks like a Zinnia -- I did it a little different. I punched out 9 scallop circles. Then I used dotto to temporarily attach them to a sheet of copy paper. I punched them out again, but I shifted the punch a little so each petal was punched in half. This makes a "Spiky" scalloped circle. I removed the copy paper from the "spiky" circles, and followed the rest of the directions in the tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by today!! Have a GREAT evening!!
Corie

Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Outlaw DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Dusty Durango
Extras: Scallop Circle punch, Medium Chocolate Brad, Twill tape, paper snips, Crop-a-Dial

The inside:




6 Comments:

Liz Williams said...

I love this beautiful card. What a great background you stamped. Enjoyed my visit to your blog.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--great background you made!

Anonymous said...

This is great. Love your "home made" DSP it looks great! and another awesome flower!

Unknown said...

You are truly a stamping GOD. I have looked at your cards and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Thanks for your inspiring cards and designs

Rose Ann said...

So pretty, Corie...and I love your flower and ribbon!

Anne Harada said...

I can't seem to leave your blog. Every card is amazing and inspiring! Wow, so glad I stopped by!! You blog is wonderful!