Wednesday, February 10

SC267 & CC257

Today's sketch challenge was supposed to be simple, but for some reason I had a hard time with it. I created this card first, but I wasn't too happy with it. Dusty Durango is not one of my favs.


Stamps: Boho Backgrounds
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Kraft
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic and Craft inks
Extras: Medium chocolate chip brads, 1-1/2" and 1-3/8" circle punches

the inside:

Then I created this card with my favorite puffy flowers, but I'm not happy with this one either. I think I have cabin fever, so I won't be happy with anything. We have about 12 more inches of snow -- and it's still snowing. I am TRYING to look on the bright side, but boy do I need to get out of this house.



Stamps: sentiment
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Kraft, Outlaw DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Extras: Scallop circle punch, Crop-a-Dial, medium chocolate brads, paper snips

the inside:

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think they both look awesome. and your puffy flowers are just awesome! 12 more inches of snow, far out, cant even image it! I would have gone mad... ;) hope you can get out soon! On the bright side, think of all the time that you would be doing something else that you can now spend crafting !!

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous, Corie! They both look just fabulous!

Oh, I soooo get the cabin fever/crafting conundrum! It's true for me too.

And if it's any comfort, I'm having an awful time with this simple SCS sketch. Why, I don't know, but I've gone through 3 tries and I'm still not happy! And I've changed up the sketch already too, LOL!

Hope you get out soon ... stay warm!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

What are you talking about?!! They are both fabulous!!!!
Just adore your puffy flowers Corie. I have had my first try at them on my blog, am going to try some more, as it was a bit of a rush job, but I really enjoyed it.
I LOVE your blog!
Thanks for all the great inspiration!
Hugs
Nicola

Basement Stamper said...

Both of these cards are great, but I especially love the 2nd one!!!

Risa said...

Hi Corie,
Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the clean lines of your first card. The color combo and design is stunning! Your second card is awesome, I love the flowers!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Rose Ann said...

Both are so very pretty, Corie!! Love them!!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh gosh...these are both awesome...great take on the SC!

Anne Harada said...

This is an amazing set of cards, the 3 poofy flowers are fabulous!!