Monday, February 15

CAS54 ~~ Wishing for Spring

Once again the boys do not have school, it's President's Day. To top it off they are calling for another snow storm today. If they are off school again tomorrow, I might go CRAZY. We have had a fun time this past week, but it is time to get back to the normal schedule.

Brandon set his alarm for 5 am this morning, so he could create his CAS card for the week. Here is his card, and of course I haven't had a chance to do mine.

Today's CAS challenge is to create a card for Spring, so he started with the Shades of Spring DP. Brandon punched each of the squares with my 1-1/4" square punch (this made it really easy for him to line things up). He attached each square to a piece of whisper white CS, and then trimmed the edges (with a little help). See how he did the lined paper -- he has it going towards the middle (his idea). He used 2 different ribbons (I helped him with the bow). He wanted the celery button on there "to give it more color". He is definitely teaching me to look at things differently. I would have used a white button, never a celery button -- but his really works. He stamped the sentiment at the bottom. The new clear mounted stamps really make it easy to line things up.

Thanks for stopping by!! I will be back later with my card -- gotta make breakfast first.
~Corie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Shades of Spring
Inks: Orchid Opulence
Extras: 1-1/4" Square punch, Celery button, Linen thread, Sheer purple ribbon (mikey's), Pink Ribbon (retired SU!)

The inside:

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy I have to comment on my own card it is so pretty.
love Brandon

Deb Neerman said...

Toooooooooo cute, great job!

Michelle L. said...

Great job Brandon! I love how you lined up your striped squares.

Rose Ann said...

I love the patterned papers and pretty ribbon treatment!!

Allison Rankin said...

You did such a good job on the challenge! Love the papers you chose!

JenMarie said...

BEAUTIFUL! Your creations are amazing!