Monday, February 15

CAS54 & TLC260

Did anyone see the Race yesterday? It was so good, LONG LONG LONG but what a finish. I really wanted Junior to pull it out, but second isn't bad. Jeff finished near the top, and poor Jimmie had a terrible day.


Today's Try a New Technique challenge on SCS was to create a Matchbook Candy Holder.

This candy holder is used to hold one of the Ghiradelli square chocolates. I don't have any of those chocolates since I don't really like chocolate (I know I am weird), but I figured I could pick some up for the boys. It is past Valentine's day, so I thought I would make one for Easter. There is a really good tutorial on SCS which you can find here.

I used the shades of spring DP for this little candy holder. I punched certainly celery card stock with the Pinking Hearts border punch, and then turned it upside down -- I thought it looked like grass that way. What do you think? The butterfly is one of the new SU embosslits (love them). The tiny rhinestones are from mikey's

This is the inside -- the chocolate goes in that little pocket.

I made this clean and simple, so I thought it would qualify for the "Wishing for Spring" CAS challenge too.

Thanks for stopping by,
Corie
Don't forget to scroll down to see Brandon's card for the CAS challenge, it's cute

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Shades of Spring DP
Inks: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence
Extras: Sponges, Cuttle bug, Butterfly embosslit, Rhinestones, Pinking Heart border punch, Scor Pal, Paper piercer, SS brads

3 Comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous, and I love the pretty colors!!

Allison Rankin said...

You're weird...I would die without chocolate. Love-y these colors...I need to try one of these!

Little C's Creations said...

These are pretty, sister!! I only like Milk Chocolate, and it's usually taste mighty delicious during that time of the month.