Tuesday, February 2

CAS52 -- One more time

Yesterday morning Brandon and I created 2 cards for the CAS challenge on SCS. He did his first, and then I did one. My card was really a CASE of his. I didn't realize how close they were, until I read the comments on SCS. My card looks like I slipped the pink scallop squares under the chocolate hearts. His looks very masculine and mine looks girly -- too funny.

We did another card last night for the challenge. Brandon was looking at the DP after I punched the scallop squares out. He said the line of scallops looked like the water in an ocean. So he wanted to do another card with fish. I think this is the only fish stamp I have. It's from the SAB sets from 2007, I think.

We stamped the fish on Whisper White and Brandon colored them in with a blender pen and ink. I helped him punch out his water with the slit punch. I tied the ribbon. Then he said there was too much white -- So we took the card apart, ran it through the cuttle bug with the bubble folder, and sponged with Cool Caribbean. Then he wasn't happy with the fish, so we stamped them again, colored them in, cut them out, and popped them up on dimensionals. Whew -- I thought this was supposed to be a Simple card.

Stamps: Very Punny
Paper: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Inks: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Cool Carribean, Basic Black
Extras: Slit punch, Baja ribbon, button, linen thread, cuttle bug, sponge

ETA Oops I forgot to post the inside:

12 Comments:

stampinfrog said...

This is so adorable!The fish looks fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

Michelle L. said...

this is so adorable! I love those little fish.

Denise said...

Very Creative Corie! Love the embossing & the cute fish! Very pretty ribbon & bow embelish.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Allison Rankin said...

How long has it been since I have seen this set? Love it with that wave affect (so CASing this idea!).

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, it is fantastic. Agree with Allison, definitely a card to case

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, cute, cute, CUTE! Seriously. Did I mention it's CUTE!??? Ok, I'm ok now.

Rose Ann said...

Your little fishies are so cute! Love your texture and ribbon treatment too!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

OH MY!! So, so cute!! Loving everything :)

Sam said...

Fantastic card Corie. So cute.

:-)
Sam.

Paula said...

Wow, Brandon, that is such a great card. I think you have a good artist eye, seeing water in the piece of punched paper. I look forward to seeing more of your cards.

Risa said...

What a stunning card Corie and Brandon! The detailing and color combo are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Brando is gifted with the eye for details Corie. I love his style already!

Teri said...

This is such a cute card! The details are perfect!