Tuesday, January 19

CAS50 -- By Brandon

Brandon (my 10 year old -- see I didn't say my little one, even though he is) created a card for the CAS challenge last week. He was so tickled with all the comments he received here and at my gallery on SCS. He wanted to thank each and everyone of you that commented on his card. I also want to thank you -- it made his day. The kids were off school, and I didn't think he was going to want to do a card again -- but I was wrong.

This card was designed by Brandon with a little help from me. He liked my card (which you can see here), but he wanted to do a group of hearts-- "like a bunch of balloons". That meant him using my Cuttle bug with my new Heart embosslit -- can you say PANIC. Then he wanted to use my BRAND NEW Shades of Spring DP (Gasp). Then to top it off he wanted to use this velvet ribbon (retired SU) to tie the bunch together. Do you know how hard it is to tie velvet ribbon? Well this is the card that we came up with.

I forgot to mention before that the idea to punch out the hearts and put them through the embosslit came from my friend LeAnne (thanks sweetie). We were REALLY careful with my embosslit Click here to see why. This also is for the Challenge this week at the Little Paper Shop -- we were to use buttons on our cards.

Thanks for stopping by,
Corie

Stamps: None . Paper: Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Shade of Spring DP . Inks: None Extras: Cuttle bug, Scalloped heart of Hearts Embosslits, Wide Oval and Full heart punches, Sherbet Button, Teal Velvet ribbon (retired)

8 Comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

this is super cute! I love the colors and the bow and button are super cute to hold the ballons! Thanks for playing along with Little Paper Shop!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wowzers! Great job Brandon - it's better than I could have done!! {and good job too Corie :) } I love the heart ballons tied with the button and ribbon :)

Allison Rankin said...

This is a pretty creation with great color choices! I love this idea and may have to steal it!

Denise said...

So cute!! I may have to "case" this idea.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Joy said...

you have one talented boy! he makes such sweet and pretty cards =) love those hearts, the DP and the ribbon! what a wonderful card to give away for Valentines! keep it up Brandon!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable! It looks GREAT! LOVE that ribbon. You are such a nice mom to let him play with your brand-new toys!!! I would love to know how you get your background so seamless....those photo shots are great!!!! Very pro-fessional!
Hugs,
LeAnne

Elaine said...

What a striking and gorgeous card! I think I am in love with that color combo now! lol I wish I could find that velvet ribbon in that color! Was it SU?

Elaine said...

Wrong wording on my comment...I meant which SU set did that ribbon come from? Sorry!