Monday, February 23

Calendar

Here we are at the end of February, and I am making a calendar. I know -- I'm strange. I have been wanting to create one of these calendars for a while, but I did not have the Top Notes Die. Well I finally do. I first saw this calendar on Cami's BLOG. The original tutorial is here on Nancy's BLOG.
I used Kraft cs for the frame, it's a 5-1/2" x 8 1/2" piece. On each side the solid card stock is 4" x 5-1/4", and 2" x 5-1/4". The designer paper is called Four Seasons, and it has been retired from SU for a while. The striped side of the designer paper is 3-3/4" x 5" and 1-13/16 x 4-3/16. The pattern side of the designer paper is cut with the Top Note Die. The season was stamped with alphabet stamps, cut with the Curly Tab punch, and then layered behind vanilla hardware.
Stamps: Alphabets from Hero Arts
Paper: Kraft, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Ivory Natural
Inks: Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy
Extras: Snowflake, 1/2" circle, 5 Petal, Flower (retired), Butterfly (non-SU), leaf (non-SU), and Curly Tag punches, Ice Rhinestone and SS brads, Vanilla Hardware

15 Comments:

Michelle L. said...

This is just awesome, Corie! I love it. And now I'm itching to get my hands on some of that vanilla hardware.

Elaine said...

What a gorgeous ensemble! I love the letters and how you have them fitting JUST RIGHT in the HPH!!

June Houck said...

Breath taking! Corie, you did such a nice job with your colors and embellies. LOVE this!

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, these calendars are absolutely gorgeous! Great job! I love all the colours that you used and that Vanilla hardware is delish! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This could not be any better. LOVE your wonderful seasonal calendars. They are all beautifully designed. Awesome job!

Jessica said...

This is a great project - i love it! i like how you split the calender into seasons. Nice job!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun calendar! love how you've separated the year by seasons!

Rita said...

I luv it, great job & what a fantastic gift idea! I luv all the detail you put into this project!

Maria said...

Wow, girl you've been busy! I love those calendar cards and your use of the Hodge Podge Hardware! They are all so beautiful! I love all the colors and the pretty dps that you used! All the embellishments are so pretty too!!

Maria

Rose Ann said...

All of your calendar pages are beautiful, Corie!! Hey...it's better late than never! ;)

Melissa Sauls said...

AWESOME job on the calendar. I want one toooo! :)

Emily said...

Wow! These all look fabulous! If I ever get that die, I am SO casing this!

Risa said...

Corie, your calendar pages are awesome! I love the way you grouped each calendar by the seasons and each page is embellished so pretty! I hear a lot about this Top Notes Dye and I see why..it's an awesome die and very versatile. I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy this dye and the Big Shot when my receive my income tax return.
hugs
Risa:)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I love this set! Love the season in the HP bookplate! Gorgeous colours and designs and your embellishments are perfect for each season! Wonderful!

Tracy.H said...

These are awesome, Corie!! :0)