Monday, February 23

MOJO75

Here is my card for this week's MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge. Can you believe it -- it's Monday morning, and my card is already done -- amazing? I looked at the sketch this morning, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. That doesn't happen very often, I usually need to think about it a while.


This card is for a friend of ours. She is in the hospital on bed rest. She is 26 weeks pregnant and her water broke. They are hoping to make it to 34 weeks, but I am not sure how they will be able to do that. We are all praying, and keeping our fingers crossed.

I used the medallion from the Friends 24-7 set and the words from the Thoughts & Prayers set. The DP is from Making Memories, it is called Sabrina. I purchased the black adhesive dots from Joann's, they were on clearance -- gotta love that.

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Thoughts & Prayers Paper: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Sabrina DP Inks: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black Extras: Tool kit, Dimensionals, Eyelet punch, Black Adhesive Dots

27 Comments:

Julia Aston said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and patterns of the cs - very nice job on this!!

Caryl P said...

This is a great card, Corie! Your friend will certainly be cheered by it...I'm praying she'll make it further along. There are miracles everyday.

Rita said...

This is beautiful Corie & I'm sure she will luv it!

Rachel V. said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I know your friend will love it (is she having a girl??) I'll be praying for her and the little one to stay in place a few more weeks.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous! What a beautiful card. Thanks for playing! :)

Pam said...

Just beautiful ... I love it!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is amazing! Thankfully God does amazing things to your friend is in my prayers...BR-T

Maria said...

Wow, Corrie! The colors of your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Such pretty colors. I love it! Such an elegant card. The border decorations is so pretty too! Your friend will definitely love this card. How nice of you to give a card to her. . .it'll surely make her stay in the hospital much more tolerable.

Maria

Joey said...

Hi Corie, your card is gorgeous, I love the colour combo. I hope all goes well for your friend. joey.x

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card for the sketch, Corie!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you added the sentiment over the image. So pretty and a great thought for your friend. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, this is beautiful! Love the pink! I had fun playing with this sketch today, too! :)

Emily said...

This is gorgeous Corie! I love everything about this card!!

Joy said...

sorry to hear about your friend. I hope there's a miracle and she can hold out...lovely card though. so elegant and pretty. love the colors =)

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous card Corie!!!

Risa said...

Corie your card is stunning! You did a super great job with the challenge. TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Shelly Koskinen said...

WOW!!! Your card is fabulous!

KimB said...

Hi Corie,

beautiful card, cheery and soothing, it will be sure to help you friend through such a stressful time.

Kim

Jessica said...

This is beautiful card, Corie. My thoughts go out to you and your friend.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink, black and white together. Very pretty! I hope your friend can make it to 34 weeks!

Fab said...

Gorgeous card, just love it ! x Fab

Melissa said...

Ack! It's sheer perfection!

Many Blessings,
M.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

BEautiful! Love the pink and black, and I'm sorely regretting not including this set in my order...you make it a must have!

Heather P. said...

Wow, totally amazing, Corie!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the color combo.

Devon said...

Very pretty card!

Paper Potter said...

As a High Risk OB nurse I can assure you that this is possible, to keep someone pregnant from 26 weeks to 34 weeks. She's got to know this! I've been Antepartum care since 1990 and we were even able to have fabulous successes back then. Be blessed.