Monday, April 26

CAS64 ~ Happy Birthday Ms. Boo

Today's CAS challenge is to create a birthday card using orange. Yep you read that correctly -- ORANGE -- not my fav. Today is Jen's (aka Ms. Boo) birthday, and her favorite color is orange. Well orange can't be all that bad, 'cuz Jen is such a sweetie. So this one's for you Ms. Boo.


I do have to say that pumpkin pie is difficult to photograph. The white background kept turning grey-blue. I hope you can see this OK -- I took about 20 pictures, and this was the only one that was half way decent.

I think I saw something like this in one of my Paper Craft magazines, but I can't find the page. So this is probably a CASE, but I am not sure. I stamped the big flower and leaf outline from the Flower Fancy stamp set with pumpkin pie on pumpkin pie. I colored the center dots in with my white gel pen. I added one of my Earth Elements buttons to the sentiment. Never thought I would use the pumpkin ones -- so thanks to Jen for the challenge :o).

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Flower Fancy, Well Scripted
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Inks: Pumpkin Pie
Extras: White Gel pen, Corner rounder punch, EE buttons, Linen thread

The inside:

8 Comments:

Rita said...

So pretty, I luv what you did with the sentiment Corie! The pumpkin pie gives it a little softer look, great job!

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done, Corie! That tone-on-tone stamping is such a nice touch for CAS style! I hate it too, when I have trouble photographing certain colors!!! Looks good from here.

stampinfrog said...

Corie you need to use the orange more often. You card is beautiful!!! Love the large flowers and the button on the sentiment is perfect!
Hugs,Connie

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Simple and elegant! I need to take some tips from you! Beautiful card Corie.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Corie - love the orange! The tone-on-tone stamping is perfect, and I love the side tab and button. Very elegant indeed!
Love, Sylvia xxxx

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Corie,

I must tell you that I've been a long time fan of how you decorate the inside of the card as well to match the outside. I'm usually so focused on the front that I forget about a layout design for the inside.

Hugs,
Gina

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty with the big flowers and Pumpkin card stock!!