Monday, January 25

SSC135 & CAS51

Here is my first card for the Sketch Challenge on the Stamping 411 site. I did 2 cards, but you will have to wait until tomorrow for the other one. This is also for the CAS51 challenge on SCS


I have been trying (without much success) to make more simple cards. My stampin' ladies love my cards, but they find it hard to CASE when there are so many layers. So I thought about Silke's cards. She creates such "clean" card with white backgrounds, and let me tell you they are BEAUTIFUL!! (Stop by her site you won't be sorry!!). So that is where the inspiration for this card came from.

I just received this Nouveau Chic DP. I have loved it since the new caddie came out, but I wasn't sure I would use it. Then this morning I was looking at all my emails, and I saw the sketch for the challenge this week on the Stamping 411 site. I thought the Asian Artistry stamp set would probably look good with this DP and sketch.

I inked the image with Basic Grey. Wiped off the ink on the flowers and inked them back up with my Apricot Appeal marker. I stamped the image, and then traced over the stems with my Sage Shadow marker. I stamped the dragon fly and colored him in with the Apricot Appeal marker, but he didn't seem to pop. So I stamped him again, colored him, cut him out, and popped him up on a dimensional. -- Now he pops. I sponged around the edges with Sage Shadow. Then I pierced around the whole thing. Simple card huh?

I am so sorry, but I have been terrible about returning emails and comments this week. This cold has done a number on me, I think I am getting old. I promise to get busy tomorrow, and get back to everyone. I really appreciate each and everyone of you that stops by my site. :o)

Thanks again, don't forget to scroll down to see this morning's card.
Corie

Stamps: Asian Artistry
Paper: Basic Grey, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Nouveau Chic DP
Inks: Basic Grey, Sage Shadow (marker), Apricot Appeal (Marker & ink)
Extras: Mat pack, Paper piercer, dimensionals, sponge

Here is the inside:

9 Comments:

Selene Kempton said...

I love that the inside reflects what you did on the outside. Like decorating in the house, it's nice when the rooms flow together and compliment one another! Beautiful clean and simple style card! I love it!

Rose Ann said...

You've done beautifully with your more simplistic design, Corie! This is so lovely!!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...that is striking esp. with the piercing!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Corie! Love the designer paper and the markers you used... came out great and your ladies will love it. :o)

Teri said...

What a beautiful card!

Patti Chesky said...

Corie, this design is beautiful. The focal image is bright and dramatic.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is fabulous!!! I love everything about it. Thank so much for playing along.

Unknown said...

so pretty!! thanks for playing along with us over at stamping 411!!

gbarron56 said...

simple and elegant -- just beautiful! You did a great job with our sketch challenge this week. Thank you for playing along and we hope you'll join the Stamping 411 Operators for another challenge soon! Blessings, Gretchen