Sunday, January 24

FS155

Boy this cold is kicking my butt. It has now gone into my chest. I think yesterday is the first day in over a month that I created only one card. I spent the day yesterday laying on the couch watching TV, which if you know me that's unusual -- I don't watch TV.


The Featured Stamper this week on SCS is Karen Barber. I just discovered Karen in the last few weeks. I have been trying to do all of the challenges at SCS, and she has commented on just about all of my submissions. She is a really talented lady -- go visit. I think she is the Queen of the Black Magic technique!! She has created so many wonderful cards with this technique. I will probably do 2 cards for this challenge, 'cuz I want to do one with this technique but I don't have the energy right now. So here is the card that I CASEd from Karen's Gallery WT188Country Snowfolks. Here are the things that I changed:

  • Ruby Red card stock instead of Riding Hood Red
  • Black brads are below the image instead of above
  • Holiday Lineup Stamp Set instead of Window Dressing
  • Did not do the Faux stitching at the top -- although looking at my card maybe I should have
  • Scalloped and Large oval instead of Large and Small.
  • Added a button to my bow and tied ribbon differently
  • Used Simple Stripes BG instead of Classic Stripe

In case you cannot tell the red layer is card stock not DP. I used the Simple Stripe BG stamp to create the plaid background. I haven't used my BG stamps in a while, I think I need to get them out and start using them again.

Stamps: Holiday Lineup, To You & Yours.....Paper: Ruby Red, Basic Black, Whisper White..... Inks: Ruby Red (marker), Pumpkin Pie (marker) Basic Black (ink & marker), Going Grey (sponging).....Extras: Sponges, Black gingham ribbon, Linen Thread, Button, Black Brads, Scallop and Large Oval Punches

Here is the inside:

4 Comments:

June Houck said...

Corie, you are amazing! I love every little detail of your card...inside & out :)

I hope you feel better soon! Both my dds and my dh have bad head colds cough too; I hope they don't share it with me...

Denise said...

Wow, how pretty is that! What a very pretty non-traditional color combo for a Christmas card. Makes it so elegant looking.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Rose Ann said...

Very cute...and I hope you're feeling better!! Hugs!!

Allison Rankin said...

Great color palette for Christmas...love the button/ribbon combo!