Thursday, January 21

SR#3

I received an email update this morning from Stampin411, and I saw a post about using the new Scallop Trim border and corner punches to make mats for you cards. The instructions were from one of the operators, Gretchen Barron (WOW is she TALENTED!!). She explains everything so you can understand. While I was blurfing through her site I saw her Take it to the Top Tuesday post. She uses the Vintage Vogue stamp set to make designer paper. Go look it is fantastic!! So that was the inspiration for this card. It's for the challenge at Stampin' Royality -- one layered cards.


I used Post-it notes to mask the front of my card. I used Tempting Turquoise on the big flower, Orchid Opulence on the small flower, Green Galore on the vines, and Yo Yo Yellow for the flower centers -- sponging behind each. I removed the post-it notes and stamped the sentiment in Orchid Opulence. I tried to tie a bow with the three ribbons, but it was too difficult -- so I tied a knot instead.

Thanks for stopping by -- don't forget to scroll down to see this morning's card. I did 4 challenges in one.

Big smiles,
Corie

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted
Paper: Whisper White
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow
Extras: Turquoise, Orchid, and White Organza ribbon, post-it notes

11 Comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow is this gorgeous!! I love those colors!!

Meilani Z. Smith said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh WOW Corrie you've done it again. I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Thanks for playing with us at SR.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Corie, this is perfect! I love the vibrant colour combo too! It makes you feel happy just to look at this card. What a great job. Thanks again for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Rita said...

Sooooo pretty! Beautiful colors & what a fabulous technique, I luv it!

Dana said...

Corie this is so pretty. It looks like stained glass...

Rose Ann said...

Such pretty colors and I love your ribbon treatment!!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!
:-)

Sarah said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!!
I like the vivid colors of the flowers!!!

Hany Von Gillern said...

A lovely card!