Friday, December 11

Drawer Box

Remember the little drawer box that I created here? Well I did another one -- only this one is smaller. I made this box measure 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" -- perfect to hold 4 tea light candles. Now that I look at the box, I think it needs ribbon -- I'll add some later.


Several ladies out there have made LOTS of these tea light candles. I made mine with the snowflake from the Level 1 Hostess set from the Holiday Mini catalog. They are so simple!!!

You stamp your image on tissue paper. Punch a 1/8" hole in the middle of the image (this is where the candle wick goes). Then punch your image out with your 1-3/8" circle punch. Feed the wick through the hole and place the tissue paper right on top of the candle. Place the tea light on a flat surface -- DO NOT hold the candle with your fingers, it gets HOT -- don't ask me why I know this ;o). Hold the tissue paper down with a pair of tweezers and heat the tea light with your heat gun. When you see that the wax has melted over the tissue paper stop and let it cool. Neat idea huh?

Stamps: Pattered Pines, sentiment . Inks: Bordering Blue . Paper: Bordering Blue, Kraft, Whisper White, Bella Bleu DP . Extras: Sponges, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Sponges, 1/8" & 1/2" Circle Punches, Sticky Strip, Paper Snips,

1 Comment:

Denise said...

What a great gift set! Love the snowflakes.....