Wednesday, February 4

Simple One with Coloring

Here is a simple card that I created tonight. I used my Sharpies again. I am finding coloring to be very therapeutic. Does anyone else feel the same? I bet if I am able to purchase Copic, I will be even MORE relaxed (wink wink).

I have a set of 36 Sharpies that I purchased from Target a while ago. To be honest I bought them for the boys. Then I read on SCS that you could use Sharpies like Copics, so I stole them. I know bad mommy. The problems with these markers is that they are BRIGHT. I need some pastel colors. I do own 2 prismacolor Markers -- Cream and Eggshell. I use these two markers for the flesh on my little people.

I love this card -- bet you never heard me say that. I like the simplicity of it, I think it will be great for a little boy. I absolutely love my grass. I don't know whether you can see it very well in the picture, but it looks REAL in real life.

The stamp is from High Hopes Stamps, it is called Froggy Gift, and the Designer Paper is from K-OLOGY, it is called Addison Paper (from Michael's)

I colored this boy's hair brown, I wonder if Brandon will leave me a message -- this one does not look like him. LOL

Stamps: Froggy Gift, Circle of Friendship Paper: Not Quite Navy, Kraft, Whisper White, Addison Paper Inks: Timber Brown (Staz on), Not Quite Navy Extras: Sharpie Markers, 1/2", 1", & 1-1/8" circle punches, Cocoa grosgrain ribbon.

24 Comments:

Teri said...

How I love this card!! I didn't know that sharpie pens are like copics. I have a bunch of those! You did a super job with the grass too...

Jamee said...

this card it so adorable!!

Regina said...

Oh, Corie! What a gorgeous card, absolutely perfect! I love this stamp!

Sam said...

Hey Corie, This is such a cute card.

I definitely agree about colouring being relaxing...and probably twice as good with COPICS...AT LEAST ;-).

Sam.

Rina said...

This is so beautiful. I love the sharpie effect, although I must admit, I've never thought of using them on my cards. Very good idea. I love the vibrant look and the choice of colors used for this card. Great "Boy" card!

June Houck said...

I love your coloring! You give him so much dimension. And you have an eye for color.

I find coloring therapeutic too. I just don't do it often :( Perhaps I should peruse my stamps for good images to color...and go to Mike's and buy Sharpies ;)

~amy~ said...

Wow...look at you with your Sharpies! Great job Corie!!

Becky G said...

Sharpies? Are you serious? Wow! They look amazing. I have always loved this image and I definitely love what you did with it Corie. Great card!!!!

Yes, I agree, coloring is great therapy!

Hugs, Becky

Alex said...

Super cute Corie!!! Love that sweet image and your coloring is fabulous!! Yep, I love to color for the same reason! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Oh Corie! This is fabulous!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Rita said...

Great job on the coloring Corie! This is such an adorable card for a little boy! I luv it!!!

Christi Flores said...

Your coloring is amazing! Wow!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Your card is just ADORABLE and your coloring is FANTASTIC!!

Anonymous said...

OMG ... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS WITH SHARPIES! Unbelievably amazing ... what a GREAT card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great coloring. Try Bic Mark-It pens, they do have pastels in their set and work great I bought them in Walmart and Staples. They have a nice nib too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card! Love th great coloring and all the blue... very boyish. :o) TFS!

Emily said...

I love this! Your coloring looks awesome! I still can't believe that's sharpies! Your grass does look GREAT! Love your doodling. I've got to remember to try that! It adds so much!

Rose Ann said...

This is totally adorable, Corie!! Great coloring too!!

Heather said...

What a cute card! This little boy is adorable, and your Sharpie coloring is great!

Heather :)

Mandy Schiller said...

I love this card and your watercolouring, it is fantastic

Mandyxx

cardsandacuppa said...

Hi, love this image, you have coloured it wonderfully, how do you do that with sharpies ??! love the layout also, clean and simple. Thanks for visiting my blog too, Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Risa said...

Your card is super cute Corie! This is another fantastic High Hopes image and the added doodling is a plus!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria said...

Another fabulous boy card. . .girl, you've been busy!! Well, I love them all. I love the colors of this card and that image is so cute!!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Mommy this one needs yellow hair