Wednesday, February 4

I Tried

I tried to do the sketch challenge today, but I could not get it to work with this image (I'll try again later). Keeping with my plan to keep my cards simple, I came up with this layout instead.


I stamped the image twice and colored it in with my Sharpies -- surprise surprise. I cut the little boy out and popped him up to give the card a little dimension. I messed up his foot -- can you see the little bit of green on his foot -- I figured that this could be dirt. My boys always end up with dirt on their feet when they are outside during the summer. I need to practice coloring this dog. I have done this image approximately 4 times, and I cannot seem to get the the shading correct. Last but not least, I sponged the water with Soft Sky ink, and the sky with Barely Banana.

This image is from High Hopes stamps, it is called Time Well Spent. The DP is from Basic Grey, it is called Stella Ruby.

Stamps: Time Well Spent, Circle of Friendship Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Stella Ruby Inks: Timber Brown Staz On, Soft Sky, Barely Banana Extras: Sharpie Markers, Sponge 1/2", 1", 1-1/8" circle punches, dimensionals

17 Comments:

Joy said...

awe...that image is so cute with that dog and the little boy! love the colors and the DP! I just love simple cards!

Hayley said...

Wow gorgeous card. If I could colour the dog as well as you I really wouldn't worry - he looks fab!
Thanks for stopping by my blog its really appreciated
x

Jean said...

This is absolutely darling and I don't see any green on his foot. I couldn't find fault with anything about your card. It's Fabulous!

Olena said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Love it!
~Olena~

LeAnne said...

Well, if you didn't mention it, no one would know he had green on his foot! This is so very cute, and the Stella Ruby looks great with it!
Thanks also for the kind comment on my blog!
LeAnne

jhet said...

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I do appreciate it! You make fab cards as well...you coloured your images nicely with Sharpies. Might try it sometime.

Have a blessed day!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!!

Yaneri said...

Oh I know how it feels when a sketch is not working! It happens to me lots of time. That's why they call it challenges!
But don't give up!
This card that you made is so darling!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff! Love all kinds of love sprinkles! ;o)

Rita said...

So darn cute!!! I think you did an excellent job coloring the dog, I luv everything about his card! I need to get some of these boy images, their so adorable!!!

Emily said...

This looks awesome Corie! Your coloring looks great! Love the colors, and the DP you used!

Rose Ann said...

This one is so cute as well!! Adorable image and I love the colors!! Wonderful!!

Becky G said...

Love your card, Corie! Love this image and your coloring! Such great colors! So bold and bright!

Hugs to you,
Becky

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome job (these images are so hard to color!) and I love the Stella Ruby here!

Risa said...

Your card is so cute and charming! I love the image and your coloring is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria said...

Well I think you did a fabulous job with your card. The layout looks fabulous and you did a beautiful job coloring the image. I love your boy cards. . .boys don't get represented often so it's nice to see one!! Great job as always!!

Maria

Heather P. said...

Fantastic card, Corie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mommy our feet are NOT dirty. Love Brandon