Saturday, January 31

SC213

Here is my card for this weeks sketch challenge on SCS. I flipped the sketch on it's side.

I used another one of the High Hopes Stamps that I purchased a while ago, Time Well Spent. I stamped the image with Staz On, and then colored it in with my Sharpie Markers. I layers the image on DP from K.ology called Addison Paper, it is from Michael's. (another one of those darn coupons). I sponged around the edges with Soft Sky, and sponged in the middle with River Rock

I am convinced that I need better markers. I think I am going to start with Prismacolor markers first, $2 a piece is better than $6. I REALLY want Copics, but I am afraid that I will end up mortgaging the house to get them all :).

Stamps: Time Well Spent, Circle of Friendship
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White, Addison DP
Inks: Black Staz on, Old Olive, Soft Sky, River Rock
Extras: Sharpie Markers, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, Crop-A-Dial, White Hemp, 1/2", 1", and 1-1/4" circle punches, Jumbo Eyelets.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy I think this card looks like me so let's call him Brandon.

love, Brandon

Rita said...

Luv your Brandon card! That paper is just so beautiful with this image & I luv every detail you added to this card!!! Great job & it looks like your son loves it as well!!!

Luv the comment from Brandon

Donna said...

Great card Corie and so beautifully coloured :) Donna x

Denise said...

So cute!! Nice to see "boy" cards....there is always so many "girly" cards, I guess those are easier to make that's why.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What an adorable boy image. I like the color combo.

Carla said...

This is adorable, and I think your coloring is wonderful!! I don't have Copics, either, but I don't really want them because I'd rather spend my money on more stamps and paper!

Teri said...

I love this image and your card!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable!! I love that patterned paper and your wonderful coloring!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is gorgeous! I want that stamp badly now... LOL

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!!..I love the image and your coloring and accents are Wonderful!!..Hugs, Ila

Risa said...

Your card is very cute and I love the image! In my mind you are doing a fantastic job coloring your images and your attention to detail is amazing.
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Your comment from your son made my eyes water. Brandon sounds like the kind of guy that any mom would be proud of!

KimB said...

HI Corie,

lovely card - the colours are just great for a boy card - masculine but vibrant - I'll have to try it as a variation on my favourite Brilliant Blue and Pumpkin.

Kim