Sunday, June 15

Fresh Cut Flowers Tutorial

Several ladies emailed me about this little box that I made. I think there is a tutorial on SCS for the 3" x 3" box, but I thought I would try and do a tutorial here. This is my first Tutorial, so I hope you can understand it. I would appreciate any feedback. I hope the spacing comes out OK when I publish this post. -- sorry if it doesn't.

Fresh Cut Flowers Note Card Box

Supplies: 2 pieces of card stock (CS), 2 pieces of designer paper (DP), paper cutter/scorer, scissors, sticky tape, and mono adhesive

Step 1: Score and crease Old Olive (8½” x 8½”) CS at 2” on each side. Cut out tabs on each corner.


Step 2: Attach Fall Flowers (2” x 4½”) DP to each side. Attach sticky strip to corner flaps.





Step 3: Remove film from sticky strip, fold in tabs, and secure sides to form box.





Step 4: Score and crease Old Olive (6-5/8” x 6-5/8”) CS at 1” on each side. Create lid the same way you did the box. Cut out tabs on each corner. Attach Fall Flowers (4-3/8” x 4-3/8”) DP to center square. Attach Fall Flowers (1” x 4½”) DP to each side. Attach sticky strip to corner flaps. Remove film from sticky strip, fold in tabs, and secure sides to form lid.



Step 5: Decorate as desired.

16 Comments:

Paula said...

Corie, this was fabulous! You did a wonderful job, the box is so cute and easy to do, I am saving this in my favorites.

Melissa said...

I can't wait to try it!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous job Corie!

Elizebeth said...

This is a beautiful box, thanks for sharing how you made it!

Allison Rankin said...

Super job Corie...I will have to try this soon!

Ellie said...

OHHH thank you so much! I can't wait to try this :)

-Ellie

Wanda said...

Fabulous box. TFS

Alex said...

Love this - can't wait to play, this tutorial is great!! Thanks Corie! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

Okay, how did you do the tabs?? That is the only step I see is missing! Thanks! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

whoohoo! Mine is done - thanks, I needed a quick gift box and this totally worked out - fabulous job! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shannon McGann said...

Fantastic tutorial! It looks very easy to follow - I'm going to go try it! :)

Heidi Blankenship said...

Corie, you did a Terrific Job on your 1st tutorial!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!! I can't wait to make some of these!

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, your gift box is beautiful! It's just what I was looking for! I needed a little gift box to put some little soaps and lotions in to give as a Teacher's gift and this is just the ticket! Thanks so much for the tutorial, you did a great job! Can't wait to get started on them tomorrow! :)

Deborah said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! You rock Corie! Must give these a go! Deb

CeeCee said...

Oh, I love this cute little box! I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!
CC

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing! I love 3" boxes so it's fantastic to have options. This one is amazing! I think the spacing is gorgeous, but I learned a new trick today (after growling at the computer for a 1/2 hour trying to space...) If you go into edit html, in edit posts, it lets you have more control over spacing. Pictures show up as this code that starts with ... a onblur="try ... You can do wysiwyg editing & enter lines or delete em. But I'd save a copy of the html of your post in case maybe. (I'm no pro, but it sure helped me!) :0) mel

P.S. I can't believe this is your first tutorial. You ROCK!