Sunday, March 2

Morning Soft for Lois

Here is another card that I created with the Morning Soft Stamp set. I actually created three of these. I did one using chocolate chip instead of basic black. That one is pretty, but the chocolate does not POP like the black does. Then I created one using the same layout as yesterday's card, but no ribbon. Then I did this one. I think I actually like this one without the ribbon the best, -- imagine that less embellies and I like it best.


I stamped the image with Basic Black craft ink and then embossed it with black. I painted the flowers with Groovy Guava, and the leaves with River Rock. After it dried I went over all the lines again with straight reinker ink (no added water). This gave the flowers and leaves dimension.

I will be sending this card to Lois (see this post). I thought this would be a pretty card to cheer her up.

Stamps: Morning Soft, En Francias
Inks: Groovy Guava, River Rock, Black Craft
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Brocade DP and Embrace Life DP
Extras: Black embossing powder, Heat gun, Ticket corner and slot punch, dimensionals, paint brush, sponge, white gel pen, Ribbon

16 Comments:

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card Corie! Great colors, layout and coloring of your image!

Stampin' Meg said...

This is so pretty Corie- I like how you layered tha papers behind the stamped image.

Deborah said...

Really attractive layout Corie! Your flower is outstanding! Use of the corner tag punch is great with the layers. Deb

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a wonderful card !!!!
your Designer paper in the BG-really pretty. tfs
chat

Melissa said...

OH MY! This is lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Rita said...

Ooooooh! What a beautiful card! Luv the colors & the whole design!

Sam said...

Such a beautiful card Corie. I love the colours, and the way you have attached the ribbon.
All the best,
Sam.

Deb Neerman said...

Wowsa! This is gorgeous, Corie!!

Great coloring on this too; TFS!

And thanks for visiting my blog, you're the best!

~Hugs, Deb

Paula said...

oh la la, this is beautiful. The color combo goes great together.

Janet said...

You know I love this stamp and I look forward to seeing what other gems you create with it.

Love Ya,

Alhambra Club said...

this card is stunning, love those flowers and your coloring.

Anonymous said...

Corie,
This is absolutely gorgeous!
I love the way you combined the dpapers and your coloring is expuisite. TFS

CeeCee said...

Hmmm, I wasn't gonna buy that stamp but you totally made me like it. Darn it! :-) Beautiful card, Corie.

CC

Anonymous said...

I love this one too!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Jules said...

Oh my girl! Very beautiful!!!!
Love the color combo as well very unique!