Saturday, June 30

For Beate's Sketch Challenge

I have been wanting to do a bug with the petal set for a while. Well when I saw Beate's sketch challenge for this week I decided to use my lady here.

The wings are stamped with rose red and cut out. The head and body are punched out of black cs with the 3/4" circle punch. I added the black dots in the center because it seemed plain, but I did not want any other images with my lady.

Stamps: In the Spotlight, Baroque Motifs, Text Style (Papertrey) Inks: Rose Red, Basic Black Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black Extras: Dimensionals, black marker, 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and 3/4" circle punches.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Corie,

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love your color choices and your fun ladybug! Thanks so much for playing with this layout. Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I don't think I've used this stamp set yet...now that is just an aweful thing to admit to.

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable card, love those colors :)

Shannon McGann said...

So cute! I love these colours together!

Rose Ann said...

This turned out so awesome! I love those colors (I want that stamp set too)! Love your card!

kathy said...

Very cute cards. I guess I should work with my lady stamps more

Anonymous said...

This is SOO clever! I just love the crisp clean feel of it, as well! Just so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh! What a fun card! I love it! Great job on the sketch!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card! Love the ladybird!

Great take on the sketch!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, love your color combo!! Great job with the sketch. :)

Libby Hickson said...

This is fabulous!! Just love the bug, and your piercing is perfect, it goes so well with that In the Spotlight stamp!