Saturday, June 30

For Beate's Sketch Challenge

I have been wanting to do a bug with the petal set for a while. Well when I saw Beate's sketch challenge for this week I decided to use my lady here.

The wings are stamped with rose red and cut out. The head and body are punched out of black cs with the 3/4" circle punch. I added the black dots in the center because it seemed plain, but I did not want any other images with my lady.

Stamps: In the Spotlight, Baroque Motifs, Text Style (Papertrey) Inks: Rose Red, Basic Black Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black Extras: Dimensionals, black marker, 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and 3/4" circle punches.

12 Comments:

beate said...

Corie,

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love your color choices and your fun ladybug! Thanks so much for playing with this layout. Hugs and smiles

Laura B said...

Very cute. I don't think I've used this stamp set yet...now that is just an aweful thing to admit to.

Daniela said...

Adorable card, love those colors :)

Shannon McGann said...

So cute! I love these colours together!

Rose Ann said...

This turned out so awesome! I love those colors (I want that stamp set too)! Love your card!

kathy said...

Very cute cards. I guess I should work with my lady stamps more

Laurie Schmidlin said...

This is SOO clever! I just love the crisp clean feel of it, as well! Just so pretty!

KIMBERLY said...

Very cute! I love it!

1craftygal said...

Oh! What a fun card! I love it! Great job on the sketch!!!

mum on the run said...

Beautiful card! Love the ladybird!

Great take on the sketch!

Heather said...

Oh wow, love your color combo!! Great job with the sketch. :)

Libby Hickson aka stampinlibby said...

This is fabulous!! Just love the bug, and your piercing is perfect, it goes so well with that In the Spotlight stamp!