Monday, July 5

CAS74 ~ Celebration

Yippee 2 days in a row with cards. I know you are thinking, "it's about time." Life has really gotten in the way of my stamping lately. Then throw in all the camping, and I am in withdrawal. Well the new caddie is out, so I am determined to try and get back to stamping every day!!


This card is for the CAS challenge today on SCS. We were to draw inspiration from this beautiful Wedding Cake site, you can see it here. Talk about inspiration, WOW. You could get tons of inspiration for all your elegant cards -- go take a peek. I chose the cake that you can see here. I love the black, white, and red color combo. I changed mine to Vanilla, Black and Red but you get the gist.

This is a new Hostess Level 1 stamp set from the new caddie. You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this flower, I do. I also used the new Newsprint DP. I think this paper is so versatile, but it's especially great for vintage cards. I sponged around my image and on the DP with Blush Blossom. I usually use Creamy Caramel to "distress" my cards, but I am liking the blush blossom. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Because I Care
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Newsprint DP
Inks: Blush Blossom, Black Staz on, Various Markers
Extras: Black Brads, Mat pack, Red Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponge

The inside: .

13 Comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! Love the bold red and the ribbon.
Lesley :)

June Houck said...

This card is a beauty, Corie! Yep, summer is a difficult time to fit stamping time into...but I always look forward to when I can return or my fave peeps can return (like you!)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Corie , what a fabulous card! Love the text background paper, and the deep red colouring on the flower. The inside is just as fabulous as the outside!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just beautiful! I love it ALL!

Deanne :)

Allison Rankin said...

Super fab! Love that DP!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's so exciting for us in the UK looking at all the fab things you are making with the goodies from your new catalogue. Love this hostess set and adore the card you've made with it. That DP - it's gorgeous! Nearly fainted when I clicked on the wedding cake site!

Cindy Haffner said...

SUPER SUPER PRETTY.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is stunning, Corie! Love that fab stamp!!

inkedx2 said...

This is so cute! I love black, vanilla, and red together.

Robbie

Carla said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very awesome card!

Joan
MN

Creative Grammie said...

I love the color combination, beautiful card!
I took a peek at the Wedding cake site; I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful cakes, WOW! I see how you got your inspiration for your card.

Rose Ann said...

I love your gorgeous flower with the newsprint paper!! So beautiful, Corie!!