Tuesday, April 6

CC265 ~ Color Challenge Sample

I came home from my parents on Sunday, and I had 244 emails waiting for me. One of them was a PM from Betty, the Color Challenge Hostess on SCS. She wanted to know if I would be interested in creating a sample for the challenge this week. I was so excited and scared to death at the same time. I think I read the email 3 times before I took a breath. I PM'd her back to tell her that I would be honored to create a card for the challenge. Then she sent me the colors -- Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Suede. The dessert option was to use your crimper.


Can you say OH NO? What was I going to create with these colors? I had no idea -- NOTHING was popping in my head. I hadn't created a card in several days, and I find that my MOJO slips away if I don't create a card every day. Does that happen to you? I decided to stop stressing, and wait until the morning. Then I thought what would be better to start my MOJO moving than the sketch from the MOJO Monday site? So as you can see I created this card with this week's MOJO Monday Sketch.

I flipped the sketch, but it's still the same. The turquoise and celery layers are from the Flocked Together DP. I used the crimper on the vertical piece. The crimper makes the DP look like ribbon IRL. I created a Puffy Flower, since I am truly addicted to these flowers -- I know I need to go to puffy flower rehab :o).

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Whimsical Words
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Flock Together DP
Inks: Soft Suede
Extras: Scallop & 1-3/8" Circle punches, Crop-A-Dial, Medium Brad, White Organza Ribbon, Cripmer

The inside:

16 Comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Gorgeous card, Corie! Congrats on being asked to do a sample for the SCS color challenge - you did a great job on it using the Mojo sketch. I'm snickering 'cause the celery and turquoise are a couple of my favorite colors! I love the look of the crimped paper, too, you're right, it does look like ribbon. Very pretty! :)

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Take care!

Hugs,
Julie

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic card Corie!Love the crimped paper and the puffy flower is just gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

JR Creations said...

Love the colours. Tried your Puffball flower tutorial today didn't turn out half as good but was great fun. Thanks for the inspiration and easy to follow tutorial. Jenny T.

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats, Corie ... that's quite an honor! You go!!

LOVE the card you created for the challenge! You totally rocked these colors, Kiddo!!

Denise said...

Congrats Corie, Betty has good taste!

Your card is gorgeous as usual. I must try one of your flowers. They always look so perfect! Great job!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combo and that flower is GREAT!!! Wasn't this Mojo a great sketch!!!
Maria

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just a gorgeous card. That flower is simply stunning. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Joy said...

very lovely card...doesn't seem like you lost your mojo in any way. love that puffy flower and every time I come I say I will make one and haven't done one yet! I so really want to try~! love the color combo. you did a fabulous job! have a great day!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Such a beautiful card Corie, and some of my favourite colours too. Absolutely love your puffy flowers, and the crimped "ribbon" is such a great idea.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Allison Rankin said...

Amazing...love the color and texture!

Velta said...

You poor stressed out child!!! And for what? This card is gorgeous!!! that flower...the ribbon, the colors...Just Perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful card, Corie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

June Houck said...

I am loving these flowers you make. They add so much to the card! My mojo has been missing for awhile. I have had some little "piles" of papers/images/embellies of coordinating things to start cards that never quite evolved. I have spent the morning putting it away in hopes of jump starting some creativity. I am highly motivated to create :) Just snooping around for just the right sketch! Your blog always inspires me, Corie.

xoxoxo,
June

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty card, Corie....the fluffy flower looks awesome in the center and congrats on being asked to make a sample card for the color challenge!!!! You did a fantastic job on this beauty!!!

Creative Heart Designs said...

Wow!!! Who wouldn't want to get this card on their birthday? It's fabulous...colors, papers and that wonderful 3-D flower.

Debra (Texas)

My Blog: Creative Heart Designs

Rose Ann said...

I love your beautiful flower and pretty papers!! Gorgeous card, Corie