Monday, April 12

CAS62

I haven't posted or created anything in a week. My RAK from June was supposed to post on Sunday, not Thursday -- wonder what happened there. Well at least you were able to see the BEAUTIFUL card that June created for little ole me.


Have you missed me? I missed you all. I have so many emails to return. Unfortunately I wasn't gone for a good reason. I had food poisoning -- YUCK YUCK YUCK. We are not absolutely sure where it came from, but we think it was some subs that we ordered last week. All 4 of us started getting sick last Thursday, and it was the only thing that all of us ate. Can I say YUCK again? I am not back to myself, still really weak, but I did create a card this afternoon. I really need to create some card for my stash, so when things get in the way I can still post something for you all.

This card is for the CAS challenge on SCS, and the sketch challenge on Stamping 411. I drew my inspiration from the postcard that you can see here. I think this is simple enough to qualify for the CAS challenge -- at least I hope so.

I need a guy birthday card, and I love using the sail boat from the Winds of Grace stamp set for guy cards. I colored the image with my SU markers, and then used a blender pen to soften it. I used my Parisian Breeze DP -- Did ya hear that SU is bringing back some of the retired In-Colors? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Baja Breeze -- don't you? Do you think they can bring back this DP too -- I think it is one of my all time favorites? The sentiment is from a retired Hostess set (I don't remember the name -- sorry).

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Winds of Grace, retired sentiment
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze DP
Inks: Staz On Black, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Scallop border punch, Chocolate ribbon, Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-A-Dial, Dimensionals, Markers, Blender Pen, Tooth pick

The inside:

22 Comments:

LeAnne said...

This is lovely, Corie....so sorry to hear you were sick. My computer is sick, so I haven't been checking all my blogs in my reader, either! Hope you're on the road to recovery. I am glad they're bringing back Baja too!

Patti Chesky said...

Beuatiful card Corie! I love the little flag using the toothpick. Great idea!!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. We dealt with food poisoning a few years ago....definitely not fun!!!

Karen said...

Love your take on the sketch! Great card.

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, my gosh, you poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that your entire family has been ill! Hope the worst is over now!

LOVE your card ... simply gorgeous!

Sending hugs!

Vicky Hayes said...

Poor you to have been so poorly. Glad to hear you're on the mend! Love your card - the flag tucked into the ribbon is an inspired touch. Love Baja Breeze too and we'll be getting it for the first time in the UK! Woohoo!

Denise said...

Corie, this is beautiful. Love the colors you've used. Perfect CAS card.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Sorry you've been under the weather.

Kerin said...

The coloring on this card is amazing! And I'll add another YUCK to your list of YUCKS, the stomach bug went through our house for over a week straight so I can really relate!! I'm so glad that the sickness is over for you and you'll start feeling better soon :)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So sorry to hear you've been ill with food poisoning, Corie. Your card is beautiful! I think I'll just order my masculine cards from you! :-)

Joy said...

wonderful card...so classy. sorry to hear about your food poisoning. hope you feel better soon. I don't know where you find the strength. take it easy. have a great day.

Michelle L. said...

lovely card, Corie! Sorry to hear you've been ill. That sounds so awful! I hope you're back to your old stamping self soon! :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Fabulous card Corie - hope you feel better!!

Scrapping Haven said...

What a great image. I love the coloring.
Hugs,
Ray

Creative Grammie said...

Hey Corie; Sorry to hear about your food poisoning;glad you're on the mend.
You are such a trooper for still creating cards even when you're not up to par.
I love your card, the colors are great!
Aloha

Monika/Buzsy said...

Glad you are feeling better! Yuck! That must have been aweful!
Great card. Love the colors and that sailboat. :o)

Lea L. said...

Lovely card! I love the toothpick flag! Great job with the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Colleen said...

Awesome card! I have that stamp set and it's never seen ink lol, but I may have to remedy that right now.

Glad you're feeling better.

Hugs,
Colleen

Selene Kempton said...

So gorgeous!!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Lovely card! Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Well, for feeling so sick, your card is fabulous! Love that stamp with the dsp and colors you used - great job!
Food poisoning is NO fun and I hate that you had to go thru it - so glad you are on the mend!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is simply amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us.

Connie Babbert said...

So clever to use the little flag on your card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch this week!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card!!!
I like the way that you put the sentiment, very origonal!!!