Wednesday, April 14

SC276 & CC266

I have to make this quick, 'cuz I am finishing up our taxes -- Yes I waited until the last minute, dummy me.


Last week I saw this absolutely BEAUTIFUL card that Ann (The Stampin' Schach) created. Isn't it stunning? Well today I CASEd her card for the Sketch challenge and yesterday's Color challenge (Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and Close to Cocoa for dessert).

I used chocolate chip on my card, instead of basic black -- I think the black is better, but it didn't go with the color challenge. I stamped the image with Staz On Black and water colored my flowers with markers. I used a little green for the leaves -- I hope it still counts for the color challenge. Can you see the "DP" layer behind my image? I stamped the swirl on Vanilla CS and then embossed it with the new Textured folder from SU. I knew I was going to create my own DP with this embossing folder, but I didn't think about using this stamp until I saw Ann's card. Isn't she a genius? -- Can you tell I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card?

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Elements of Style
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Inks: Close to Cocoa, Black Staz On
Extras: SU Markers, Aqua painter brush, 1" & 1-1/4" circle punches, sponges, dimensionals, Textured folder

The inside:

15 Comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! Now don't do anything else with this set to make me want it! LOL

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Corie! I love it with the Chocolate Chip! And, thanks for the shout out!

jovialjudi said...

Too funny! I just got a card from Connie today using this gorgeous stamp set!! I am in love. A must have! You dad a fabulous job with this gf!! Gorgeous!!! Hugs, Judi

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I love the colour combination! I sure hope that stamp set is in the new Australian catty when it comes out in September!!

Paula said...

beautiful! I like that you show the insides of your card too.

June Houck said...

Corie, both cards are stunning in their own way. Gorgeous work, both of you. I really really like your color combo! You have a terrific eye for color.

Lesley said...

Gorgeous Corie! My set is arriving on Friday and I am so excited to get it! You have inspired me!!!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Jill said...

I loved this card I saw on Ann's blog too! I like the switcheroo of the black to brown--keep it as is!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning card Corie - love the embossing, the colours and the fabulous flowers!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Unknown said...

beautiful card, and gorgeous roses!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Gorgeous!!! Wow-wee!!!
:-)

colleen said...

Stunningly beautiful, Corie! Just when I vow not to purchase anymore flower stamps . . .
Hugs,
Colleen

Allison Rankin said...

Stunning...nuff said.

Monika/Buzsy said...

OHG! Out of world gorgeous! Love the flower image, the cologin... that BG paper... everything! TFS!