Monday, March 29

CAS60 & LPS61

I think Blogger is back up, but who knows. Please let me know if you cannot see my card


I thought that the CAS challenge this morning was going to be an Easter card. So I cheated and created this card last night -- I know shame on me. Things have been so busy lately that I wanted to get a head start. Well wouldn't you know we are not creating Easter cards -- the challenge today was a sketch challenge. I guess God was letting me know that I am not supposed to do that :o).

The good thing is that this card qualifies for the Color Challenge on LPS. The colors this week are Kraft, Chocolate, and Yellow. I CASEd the card on page 43 of the Mini catalog. I used Barely Banana instead of the Bashful Blue. I changed the embossing folder and the background shape, but it is basically the same. Can you see that I colored the dots in the flowers chocolate and the dots around the flowers white? I'm not sure if the white dots are showing up very well, but they are IRL. I embossed the bunny on Kraft CS, in case you were wondering where my Kraft layer is.

Stamps: Chocolate Bunny, Well Scripted
Paper: Barely Banana, Kraft, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip -- classic, craft, and marker
Extras: Clear embossing powder, Heat gun, Cuttle bug, Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, Wide Oval punch, White Gel pen, button, linen thread, Saffron ribbon

The inside:

Well here is my card for the CAS challenge. I wanted to redo my card from last week, so I guess this sketch was a good thing. I used Navy, Red and White. These are the colors for my oldest son's Wrestling team. I wanted to make cards for the boys for their banquet, and I thought these would be good for teen-age boys. What do you think? Should I take out the Kraft layer and only use white?


Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: A Little Something
Paper: Night of Navy, Kraft, Real Red, Whisper White, Paper Patterns DP
Inks: Night of Navy, Real Red (on the inside)
Extras: Cuttle Bug, Swirls Die, Star punches, Dots Embossing folder

The inside:

27 Comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE this. The yellow is beautiful and the dots in the embossing...brilliant!

Unknown said...

Love the embossing!!! And the colors are wonderful, too!! Beautiful card!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, these are both fabulous, Corie! I love the Easter card with the adorable Chocolate Bunny ... and all the fab embossing!

But I have to say that the red, white, & blue is my fav! Leave the kraft layer ... BUT it would look great without it. Hmmm, and you'd save on card stock, too.

Okay, take OUT the Kraft layer, LOLOL!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards!!!!

stampinfrog said...

Corie both of the cards are beautiful!Love the dots colored on the embossing panel and I love the kraft panel on the second one!
Hugs,Connie

Allison Rankin said...

These are lovely! The embossing on the bunny card is wonderful and the color combo on the second one is so neat!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

I love both these cards, Corie ! The choc bunny is one of my favorite stamps and he looks springy against the banana background. And as for the star card...I often use this 'motif' for guy cards and like the design you used here. Thanks for the great ideas!

Denise said...

Corie, both cards are awesome. Love the yellow and the embosing with that chocolate bunny. Your CAS card is perfect the way it is, keep the Kraft:) Great job!

Lorraine said...

Two beauties. The bunny with that embossing is wonderful. I like the kraft in the second card. It's so nice to see the inside done as nicely on both of them.

Michelle L. said...

Two great cards! That bunny card is delightful - love the yellow/chocolate combo!

kathleenh said...

Corie, your bunny card is beautiful! I love the partial card front embossing with the chocolate flower middles.

Your second card is excellent! Such a great guy or boy card!

Bev J. said...

Neat cards and I really like the kraft layer-great for the guys. tfs

Risa said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Corie. I especially love your Easter card, the soft colors and rich details are a beautiful combination!
hugs
Risa:)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE these cards, Corie! Fab job!

Unknown said...

great cards Corie!!
The first, I like the color combo taht you used. The embossed is gorgeous, and the bunny ...mmm I love chocolat!!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

They are both FABULOUS Corie! you rock! xx

LeAnne said...

Your Easter card is beautiful! I am so silly....once an item is out of the catalog, I sort of forget about it....so I never thought to use that beautiful embossing folder! Your boy's card is cool too!

Velta said...

Oh Corie ~ How Beauuutifully perfect!!! Both cards...my fav is the first one...that embossing folder is just stunning!!

Happy Easter to you and yours!!

Joy said...

two great cards Corie! they turned out really cute...love the colors for both. they really stand out! have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards, as usual, Corie! Love the first one with the yellow - it's just perfect with all the details you added! And I love the 2nd one the way it is - I love kraft though, so I am biased! It's a great masculine card. Have a great Easter!

kksb said...

Your bunny card is the cutest Easter card using that particular stamp. Color and embossing is incredibly lovely. Yummy!!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

What a super cute card! I soooooo love that bunny! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card is beautiful - I love the choice of colors and layout and how you accented the flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Sarah said...

I love both cards! I especially love the way you coloured in the middle of the flowers! Thanks for playing along at SR!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

wow, love the cards, esp. the bunny card. I love that you used the poinsetta (petals a plenty) folder and revamped it. I have been thinking about how that could be done in my head for a while but without success- you however, have succeeded. Thanks for the inspiration from such a lovely card!

Linda Bandow said...

I love the Bunny card.....I get sort of tired of the cutesy pastel bunnies....here is a take-charge bunny! TFS

Cindy Major said...

I like how you used the Plethora of Petals embossing folder on a non-Christmas project!

Cindy :)