Thursday, February 4

WT256 & SSC136

Another card that is tough to photograph. I absolutely love the Cottage Wall DP, but my camera doesn't like it.


Today's "Way to Use It" challenge on SCS was to create a Collage card. I ended up combining it with the sketch challenge from Stamping 411. I wasn't sure what to do, so I made the background a collage -- at least I think it is a collage. I'm not really crazy about this card, but I like my flower.

ETA: There are several different ways to make these flowers. One way is to punch 6-10 scallop circles out of Designer paper or Card stock -- I used Cottage Garden. Crinkle each scalloped circle into a tight wad. Unfold each circle. Stack all the scalloped circles together, one on top of another. Pierce a hole in the center of the stack and attach a brad. Start crumpling again, make sure the center ones are the tightest. Then fluff until you are satisfied with the look of your flower.

I will try and do a short tutorial and post it tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great one!!
Corie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Extras: Scallop punch, White Brad, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Razzleberry ribbon

The inside:

4 Comments:

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful card Corie!Fabulous papers but the flower is a big WOW!It is gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Stacey Carter said...

Love the flower. How did you make it?

Pam said...

GORGEOUS!!! absolutely divine!!
Pam from Price

kathleenh said...

Wow! Your card and the flower are gorgeous!