Friday, February 5

MTSC59 & Color Inspiration #109

It is snowing AGAIN. I live just outside of Annapolis Maryland. Our winter seasons are not that bad. We have a few snows every once and a while, but nothing like this year. The kids have been out of school so often in the last month. It's enough to drive a mom CRAZY.


This card is for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I am still making valentine cards for Brandon's teachers. I need 1 guy card. So when I saw the color inspiration on the Stamping 411 site this morning, I figured I should give this a try. They recommended using Apricot Appeal, Real Red and Taken with Teal for guy valentine's cards. Unfortunately -- or maybe fortunately -- I do not have any DP with these colors, so I made my own. Do you remember the baby wipe technique? I used that to create my striped DP. Then I used the direct to paper technique to create the teal "DP" for the background rectangle and the apricot heart -- neat huh?

When I do a challenge for Stamping Royalty or Stamping 411 I try and use only SU supplies, because these ladies are demos like me. I know this Cuppie is not SU, but he makes the perfect teacher valentine's cards. I did color my cuppie in with SU markers instead of my Prisma markers. I wonder if SU will ever carry Copic marker, I doubt it -- but one can always hope.

I am still working on the tutorial for the flower that I made on yesterday's card. I hope to have it up later today.

Thanks for stopping by,
Corie

Stamps: Love is Sweet (TEI), A Happy Heart
Paper: Kraft, Real Red
Inks: Taken with Teal, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Extras: Re-inkers, Markers, button, linen thread, Modern Label, Word Window, Key tag and Full Heart punch, Mat pack, Paper Piercer, dimensionals, sponges, baby wipes, bone folder, White gel pen

The inside:

6 Comments:

LeAnne said...

Woohoo, I am waiting for that snow to get HERE!!! A couple more hours! Yippee! Your card is adorable! I love the shading and the colors....yummy!

Unknown said...

Corie, your card is darling! You rocked the color challenge - just love it!
I'm with you on the snow - I've had enough to last me till next Christmas! We are in NoVA and it's coming down like crazy - uggh!
Stay warm and stamp, ok?

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, and you've done a wonderful job creating your patterned papers!!

kathleenh said...

I love what you did to make your own dp! It looks like Basic Grey.

Jones Family said...

I LOVE your DIY paper - very clever! This is such a great card.

Patti Chesky said...

Corie, I LOVE what you've done with the Color Inspiration challenge. The baby wipe technique worked perfectly for your guy card. Awesome job!!!!