Friday, February 19

MTSC61

I started this card yesterday. I was going to combine the WT258 challenge (using orange) with Mercy's Sketch challenge. I was having such a difficult time with making a card with orange on it. I figured that apricot appeal was a shade of orange -- right? To be honest in my mind I knew I was cheating. I do these challenges every day trying to improve my performance, and using apricot would not have been a challenge. So I put this image aside and did the 2 cards that you saw yesterday.


The good news is you get to see it today. I think this qualifies for the LSC260 challenge -- I used ribbon, and then I used Nesties for my border punch. I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black and colored it in with my SU markers -- Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom, and Going Grey. I masked the image and sponges around it with Blush Blossom. The Apricot Appeal DP is from one of the hostess paper packs, and the Celery DP is from the Shades of Spring.

Thanks for stopping by!! Don't forget to scroll down to see this morning's card :o)
~Corie

Stamps: Abundant Hope
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Shades of Spring DP, Print Packs DP
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Blush Blossom
Extras: Sponges, Cuttle bug, Nesties, Organdy Ribbon, Button, Linen Thread, SU! Markers, dimensionals

The card inside:

4 Comments:

Joy said...

such a pretty orange card. love the layout and the stamped flowers. great job on the challenge! have a happy friday!

Rose Ann said...

It's gorgeous, Corie...and I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Well you definitely made the colors work!! The image is gorgeously colored- very elegant!

Men Blazers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.