Thursday, February 18

WT258 ~ Orange Love

Today on SCS the Way to Use It challenge was to use Orange. Oh boy, I am definitely NOT an orange person. I know there are some ladies out there that love orange, but I am not one of them. It is my least favorite color. I guess that's why they call it a challenge -- huh? I don't have a lot of time tonight, homework is still a bear. I guess that is what you get when you are off for 11 days straight.




I created the Tango card first, but I just couldn't get over all the orange -- so I did another one with Saffron instead. There's no stamping on these cards, just DP. This is the Haiku DP, it was in the Fall 2008 catalog -- I think. I do not know what possessed me to purchase this DP, but it came in handy. Oh -- I used the sketch from yesterday.

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: None
Paper: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Old Olive, Haiku DP
Inks: None
Extras: Olive Rhinestones, Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Latte Buttons, dimensionals

The card inside:

14 Comments:

Ali Manning said...

This is such a great card! The layout is wonderful. I don't care for orange either, but this looks awesome!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card design, Corie!! Love this.

Beth said...

Great job using that Haiku paper pack!

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic card Corie!I don't like to use orange too but you have made a beautiful card!
Hugs,
Connie

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I agree...orange was definitely a challenge, but you pulled it off beautifully, Corie! :)

Joy said...

love the layout...the colors are unique, but it came out really nice! you did a great job =)

Denise Marzec said...

That's GORGEOUS! Wow, I love it!

Deb Neerman said...

These are gorgeous, Corie! Looks like you 'do' orange just fine to me!!! FABULOUS cards!!

Unknown said...

wow...both are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love both of your cards and I love orange, but rarely make cards with it. I have the paper so this may get me to use some of my orange cardstock. Very attractive cards, Corie.

Joan
MN

Antje said...

I saw the challenge and chickened out... you were brave to accept and have succeeded so beautifully... great card - well done!

LeAnne said...

Well, judging by all your comments, I think your orange cards were a hit! You did a WONDERFUL job on them---you should keep challenging yourself!

Julia Aston said...

Poor little color orange - everyone is saying they don't like it!! Love your papers on this - how pretty with all the different patterns!

Rose Ann said...

Such pretty papers...and I LOVE your card, Corie!!