Wednesday, January 13

SSC133

Here is a "Normal" Sympathy card. I used traditional colors on this one (unlike yesterday). This card is for the Sketch challenge on the Stamping 411 site.

I have seen so many ladies create cards with this brayered skyline technique, so I thought that I would try it for a sympathy card. I brayered (is that a word?) the bottom of the image with Bashful Blue, and the top with Not Quite Navy. Then I stamped the reeds with Basic Black, and colored in the cattails with a black marker. The blue on the sentiment is brayered with bashful blue.
Thanks for stopping by today!!
Corie

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Friends 24-7
Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Glossy White
Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Extras: Scallop, 1-3/8", 1-1/4" circle punches, brayer, White Taffeta ribbon, Basic Black marker, sponges

13 Comments:

Denise said...

Wow, a very beautiful Sympathy card. I may have to use this idea, but with a different stamp set. I have a Sympathy card to make & kept thinking about how I wanted to do it.
ALoha & Hugs,
Denise

Michelle L. said...

Very soothing, and so pretty! Great work, Corie.

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Corie! I love the soft colors that you achieved with the brayer, very captivating!
hugs
Risa:)

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous...I wish I was better with my brayer!

June Houck said...

This is a wonderful sympathy card too. I love your technique on this. Very classy card.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful card. You are very talented and your blog so full of inspiration :)

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful and serene. It's a great sympathy card.

Selene Kempton said...

Clean simple and gorgeous!

Kerin said...

This card is gorgeous! I love everything about it, but especially the perfectly shaded blue background. Congrats on being an operators' pick this week, and thanks for sharing :)

LeAnne said...

Congrats on the 411 pick! It IS awesome!

Unknown said...

Corie, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week and congrats on being an operator's pick!
Be sure to play again ok?

Kay Kalthoff said...

Wonderful card . . . so serene! Congrats on being the 411 pick this week!!
Kay

kareN stampZ said...

What a gorgeous card & yes very soothing