Tuesday, January 12

CC253

I made 8 Sympathy cards (remember these) in November, and would you believe all of them are gone. So I created a few new ones. I know these are not traditional colors for a sympathy card, but my husbands mother and her sisters are CRAZY about purple. So I need purple cards in my stash. I will show you a normal one that I created tomorrow.


This card uses the color challenge today on SCS -- Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, and Chocolate Chip. I think I pushed the limits of the challenge again. The razzleberry is obvious, but I bet you are thinking -- where is the pretty in pink. It's there, it is sponged with chocolate chip.

Thanks for stopping by,
Corie

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Raspberry Lemonade DP
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Pinking Heart border punch, sponges

13 Comments:

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...so elegant! I could almost use this DP now that I see it sponged!

June Houck said...

This card is INCREDIBLE! I never would have thought to sponge cc on pp and it totally works. This is my new favorite Corie card (and the faux watercolor daisy card and...)

Corie, this card is STUNNING.

Phyllis said...

Corie, I so happy that you like our sketch enough to make another lovely card. These colors are awesome. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lovely Linda said...

Wahoo - way to go Corie - this is another georgeous Sympathy card! I love these colours there is a rich warmth with them. you have used the sketch beautifully Corie - I am loving your cards!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week , as I have said, we would love to see you play again next week - you know we love your cards!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Katie Ann Brooks said...

that paper looks great with the black behind!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, Corie....these colors are luscious, rich and regal. How exceptional. Great job with the second card for our challenge. YOU GO GIRL!!! Thanks for treating us to two fabulous creations at Midnight Madness.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

Well I am one of those "Crazy" people who love purple and when I saw this one, I fell in love with it. Even though it is a sympathy card, I think it is perfect. Just beautiful and one of my favorites today. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Michelle's Daydreams said...

OK, I'm back to see your second card and this one is even more Gorgeous than the first!!! I'm reallly lovin this one ! :)
Michelle MMDT

Denise @ kc242 said...

Great second card. Love your color selection, dp and sentiment. Just beautifully put together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this!! Gorgeous colors and so rich and elegant!! Beautiful take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Is this for Memaw?

love Brandon

Grace said...

This is simply beautiful! So sorry you have needed so many sympathy cards but this will certainly bring comfort to the recipient! Thanks for playing along with us on the MMSC!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Corie, so glad you decided to make two cards for this sketch. I loved the first one but this one really has such a richness to it that it's my favorite! Beautiful colors, sure to make anyone feel better!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT