Saturday, January 23

IC216 ~ Echo

Here is my card for the Inspirational Challenge #216 on SCS today. I picked the Heraldic Hobo as my inspiration you can see it here. The purse is a little loud for me, but I do like it. Bright colors -- Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Mambo Melon -- not my norm, but this is a challenge right? I guess Stampin' UP! In-Colors are really the "In" colors for the season. I also liked the way it seemed striped but not really. The white stripe between the colors and the chocolate trim seem to tame these bright colors -- to an extent. I am not sure that a butterfly would go with this purse, but I thought my card was more whimsy than the purse -- so a butterfly was the perfect addition.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Corie

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Dreams du Jour (for the inside)
Paper: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Mambo Melon, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Mambo Melon, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Chocolate ribbon, Butterfly, pencil eraser.
Here is the inside:

8 Comments:

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Corie! I love the rich colors and the butterfly is the icing on the cake!
hugs
Risa:)

Christi said...

I am in LOVE!! This is wonderful!!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is soooo adorable, great job..have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this! Gives me lots of ideas for future projects!

Shelley Germann said...

Very nice, I REALLY like that butterfly on the front. Reminds me of some of my vintage things!

kathleenh said...

Cori, you rocked this challenge! And you're right- the white and chocolate chip do tone down the bright colors.

Michelle /Eliotstamps said...

This is fabulous, Corie!

Allison said...

This is amazing...your stamping is so even, it looks like DP. One of my latest faves!