Saturday, January 23

IC216 ~ Echo

Here is my card for the Inspirational Challenge #216 on SCS today. I picked the Heraldic Hobo as my inspiration you can see it here. The purse is a little loud for me, but I do like it. Bright colors -- Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Mambo Melon -- not my norm, but this is a challenge right? I guess Stampin' UP! In-Colors are really the "In" colors for the season. I also liked the way it seemed striped but not really. The white stripe between the colors and the chocolate trim seem to tame these bright colors -- to an extent. I am not sure that a butterfly would go with this purse, but I thought my card was more whimsy than the purse -- so a butterfly was the perfect addition.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Corie

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Dreams du Jour (for the inside)
Paper: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Mambo Melon, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Mambo Melon, Chocolate Chip
Extras: Chocolate ribbon, Butterfly, pencil eraser.
Here is the inside:

8 Comments:

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Corie! I love the rich colors and the butterfly is the icing on the cake!
hugs
Risa:)

Christi Flores said...

I am in LOVE!! This is wonderful!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo adorable, great job..have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this! Gives me lots of ideas for future projects!

Shelley said...

Very nice, I REALLY like that butterfly on the front. Reminds me of some of my vintage things!

kathleenh said...

Cori, you rocked this challenge! And you're right- the white and chocolate chip do tone down the bright colors.

Michelle L. said...

This is fabulous, Corie!

Allison Rankin said...

This is amazing...your stamping is so even, it looks like DP. One of my latest faves!