Sunday, January 31

FS156

Today's Featured Stamper is Nichole aka Butterflyears. Wow she has a wonderful gallery, so many beautiful cards to choose from. Here is the card that I chose to CASE: BE_FS84_First card for gift set for Cammie.

I have wanted to try and create one of these poofy flowers. I figured this was the perfect time to use one. You punch 6-10 scallop circles out of Designer paper or Card stock -- I used Bella Bleu DP. Crinkle each scalloped circle into a tight wad. Unfold each circle. Stack all the scalloped circles together, one on top of another. Pierce a hole in the center of the stack and attach a brad. Start crumpling again, make sure the center ones are the tightest. Then fluff until you are satisfied with the look of your flower. This is my first one, it's OK -- but I think I need to practice a little more.

I placed my flower on top of a bow that I made with Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon. This card was DIFFICULT to photograph, so I don't know whether you can see the chocolate layer. I stamped the En Francais BG stamp on the chocolate chip layer with chocolate chip ink. Then I stamped the Bella Toile BG stamp over that with VersaMark ink. I embossed this with copper embossing powder. It looks really pretty.

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful Sunday!!
Corie

Stamps: EnFrancais, Bella Toile
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, VersaMark
Extras: Scallop Circle punch, Brad, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Copper Embossing powder, Heat Gun

Here is the inside:

11 Comments:

stampinfrog said...

Corie this is absolutely a Gorgeous card!Fabulous flower that you have made!
Hugs,Connie

Unknown said...

WOW!! it's a gorgeous card!!!
I love the big flower, beautiful

Jen Timko said...

Just stunning! Beautiful card and the flower with the ribbon is amazing!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Your card is so gorgeous! Thank you for the directions! I bookmarked your post and signed up as a follower!

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful Corie! LOVE that flower, its gorgeous!

Heather Van Duker said...

Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous take on the featured stamper challenge. I love the flower. I have been seeing these around, and now I am just going to have to make one myself. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!! Your flower is perfect and the satin ribbon and rich background really showcase it beautifully.

Rita

Risa said...

Super Wow....Your card is stunning Corie! I love the rich colors, the texture and beautiful flower! Super awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)

MelissaS said...

this is absolutely beautiful!!

Dawn B. said...

This is super..I love the chocolate embossing..Looks great..TFS

Anonymous said...

I love the embossing, the ribbon and the flower, okay, everything about this card!!! Just gorgeous!!!!!