Tuesday, December 29

Mojo Monday 119 -- Oops

Well I wanted to do a card for the Mojo Monday Challenge 119, but I oopsed. I thought this was the layout, but I was wrong. The ribbon is in the correct place, and I am sure I could substitute the hearts for the circle, but the other layers are all wrong -- back to the drawing board.


This all started when I saw this card that Christi created, and I fell in LOVE. Isn't it gorgeous?? I don't have the Verve heart stamp (I wish I did, it is FABULOUS!!) set so I needed to improvise. I stamped the Bella Toile BG stamp on Whisper white CS with VersaMark, and then embossed it with black powder. Then I punched 2 hearts with the Full Heart punch. Next I sponged the heart with Rose Red ink, and then sponged around the edges with Basic Black. The rest is obvious.

Stamps: Bella Toile BG . Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bali Breeze DP (retired) . Inks: Rose Red, Basic Black, VersaMark . Extras: Cuttlebug, Paisley embossing folder, sponges, black embossing powder, heat gun, Black ginham ribbon, Latte Buttons, Silver elastic cord, dimensionals

6 Comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful! I love the pink & black together, and the embossing is so pretty.
Have a Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Denise

June Houck said...

Yummy! You never cease to inspire me. I think both cards are gorgeous; both yours and Christi's.

Sharon said...

Very pretty Valentine card! I love the colors. Happy New Year!

Joy said...

very pretty card...love the colors you used and the layout is pretty! great job on the card! hope you had Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year!

Unknown said...

Corie, this is a gorgeous card! You didn't obviously need a sketch! lol. I hope you had a great Christmas too! Happy New Year to you and your family! ...Tara

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job improvising with what you have! I love how these hearts and your card turned out!