Friday, January 2

CC199 & SC209

2 Challenges in 1, and boy was this a challenge!! Whew I am so glad to have this card done. I do not reach for So Saffron, and I definitely am not a Hunter girl. So this was a challenge. Then I tried to use only scraps of these colors. Like I said WHEW!! I guess this is why they call it a challenge. Enough complaining!!


I used my new Dream a Little stamp set. This set will be coming out with the new SU catalog. It will be a hostess set, a level 3 I think. I stamped the flower outline full strength and then the inside stamped off once. Next I stamped them again, but I sponged saffron and burgundy in the center. I cut the centers out and glue them to the first flowers. The leaves are scraps of Hunter punched with the 5 petal punch. I ran the background saffron layer through my cuttlebug.

Stamps: Dream a Little
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, Whisper White
Inks: Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron
Extras: 5 petal punch, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug with Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder.

13 Comments:

Rose Ann said...

Way to combine the challenges, Corie!! Your card is beautiful!!

Regina said...

This card is lovely! Beautiful coloring and color choices on this card!

June Houck said...

Really elegant and lovely. Great job!

Rita said...

Wowza Corie, this is sooooo beautiful!!!! I luv what you did with the middle part of the flower!

Julia Aston said...

I love your wonderful cut out and layered flowers!

Anonymous said...

Your card came out beautifully!! I love the flowers - they are so soft and pretty!

Tracy.H said...

You would never know that it was a challenge for you! I looks great! :0)

Emily said...

Corie, this is beautiful! Great job on the challenges! So Saffron is one of my favorite colors! Happy New Year!

L8ybug2 said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout, the stamp set and the colors. I want that set!

Linda McClain said...

Cory, You do such beautiful work, and this is no exception. So beautiful and classy.

Oma said...

I love these colours together and this card you made is gorgeous!

Deborah said...

You did a beautiful card here for the challenge! Love that new hostess set! New year hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Your card is just awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN