Saturday, April 5

River Love

There has been a change in plans for my monthly stampin' club. I was originally planning on doing a card with the Tart & Tangy stamp set. Well Janet has changed my mind. She really wants to do the card that I created for this weeks Sketch Challenge. So I need to create a few examples of cards using this stamp set.


Here is the first. I like this card, but it was a lot more elegant in my head. It is really difficult to photograph river rock, (don't know why). This is prettier IRL. I think I will try it with soft sky and see if that is better. I think I went over board on the layers of my scallop circle -- Do you think 7 layers is too much? (wink wink)

Stamps: Essence of Love, Riveting
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Whisper White, Brocade Backgrounds (DP)
Inks: River Rock, Basic Black
Extras: Sponges, Adhesive Dots, Dimensionals, Mat Pack, Scallop, 1-1/2", 1-3/8", 1-1/8", 1", and 1/2" circle punches

23 Comments:

Heather said...

I love this card! The colors are so subtle that I can really focus on the elegance of the patterns and composition.

Deborah said...

Beautiful card Corie! With summer not too far off you can use Tart & Tangy next time! Deb

Tracy.H said...

Wow! This is beautiful, Corie!! :0)

Anonymous said...

This card is very elegant!

Lee said...

No, no.......7 layers is FANtastic!! So elegant!! And I love the colors and the layout....gorgeous card!!

My Paper World said...

It's beautiful! and very elegant!

Tanis said...

Layers ARE good!! Love the colours and I still love that essence of love stamp a lot.

Alhambra Club said...

This card is so pretty and elegant, you can never have enough layers.

Rita said...

This card is so beautiful, I like everything about it!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! I love the colors and the stamps just beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

You rock my world Ms. Corie! Another drooler!

Kristine said...

Oh, well I think this is VERY ELEGANT!! :D I LOVE this card so much. The colors go so well with these stamps. and I DO LOVE all those layers on the scallop ;P

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! :D

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Corie!

Fe-Fe said...

I think this is beautiful. Love those soft colours and you can never have too many layers! :-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful! Such a lovely mix of colors! I can't seem to photograph Celery and it's the color that I use the most!!! (That tells you alot about my picture taking skills...lol!) BTW, 7 layers is perfect for cakes so why not for cards...lol! Thanks for sharing with us! :D

~amy~ said...

such a gorgeous card...I love black with RR...it's soo very elegant!

Alex said...

Very beautiful! I love the elegant look of this card, just stunning! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Theresa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the background, and the soft colours contrasted with the black.

Carla said...

No way seven layers is too much! This card is a masterpiece!

Ila said...

I think it is very Beautiful and Elegant!!..I love it!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful!! I'm really loving the colors and elegance!

Anonymous said...

I love these colors. They are so pretty and calming!