Wednesday, October 17

Peaceful Wishes

Here is another Holiday card with the Cracked Glass Technique. I used the Peaceful Wishes set this time. I love how it makes the card look so vintage. This set is a MUST have!!

I stamped the holly branch with artichoke, and then colored in the berries with the bravo burgundy marker. I then embossed the image 3 times with the glassy glaze embossing powder. I let it sit overnight, and then put it in the freezer. I forgot about it and did not take it out until the afternoon, so it cracked all over the place.

I stamped the holly branch with artichoke on the background piece, and then stamped over the artichoke with craft white ink. The sentiment piece looked so white compared to the holly piece so I sponged over the sentiment with river rock.
Well what do you think? Should this be one of the Holiday Card Stamp Camp cards?
Stamps: Peaceful Wishes . Inks: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Craft White, River Rock, VersaMark . Paper: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Confetti Cream . Extras: Distressing Tool, Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Copper Brads, Sponge

Things are so busy these days. Between work, home, 7th grade homework, and just day to day living I am totally whipped. Why do I have to go through 7th grade again? I know -- because I have a son who is in 7th grade. He is in all honors classes, and has so much homework every night. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, but other times I feel sorry for ME. It is a good thing I only have 2 kids. I could not imagine doing all this more than twice.
On another note, remember I told you that I lost all my bookmarks twice? I made a word document to keep all my bookmarks, so I would not lose them again. Well night before last I found that the word document was deleted. I had no idea how this could happen. Guess who has been looking at my stamping files? Yep Brandon!! The little stinker is the one that has erased my files. I have not received a email from FeedBlitz in the last two days, so I have not been able to comment on any one's site. (boo hoo).

28 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the cracked glass.

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Corie! My favorite and first ever SU set! I love it! My dream is to have all of these colors you have mentioned to work with! Thanks for sharing! Good luck in junior high again! LOL! Deb

Christi Flores said...

This card is beautiful!! I love how you did the cracked glass. I understand about losing documents. I had my son's baby calendar of his firsts on a Word document and the computer started having problems and I lost everything. It still bothers me!

Anonymous said...

This is another BEAUTIFUL card!

Im sorry about your files and the homework. I worry about the homework once my kids are in school. At least you have all the links on your blog! =)

Alhambra Club said...

I love your card, don't know how you do it all.

Anonymous said...

Corie, this card is so beautiful! I haven't tried the cracked glass technique, but it looks so cool. This stamp set is on my wish list; it definitely looks like a classic. Thanks for sharing.

Jules said...

so pretty I love this set!!! Bravo bravo great card!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! I love this set so much and had wanted it for so long and finally earned it free. I can't get enough of it. I pray it sticks around for a long time. I totally understand about little fingers on my computer. I lose stuff all the time. I feel your pain...lol.

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS card, Cori! Love the cracked glass! GREAT layout too!

June Houck said...

This is GORGEOUS! This just my be my favorite of all your cards.
Have you tried coloring over the cracks w/ chocolate chip, then wiping off w/ a tissue to add more aging to the image? Just wondering...

corinnesomerville said...

WOWZA !!!! This is gorgeous !!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Corie! Oh my goodness! Another STUNNING card! LOVE it! Love the cracked center panel. Love the shadowed background paper you created. Love the distressing! Heck I LOVE the whole dang card! BEAUTIFUL!
Sorry you are so busy with school stuff. I'm dreading that but have a few more years til Jr.High...whew! Not sure I'll be much help to Chloe...she may fail with my help...haha!

Tina said...

Gorgeous card as usual, I love this effect!

Tina

Paula said...

Corie, this card is absolutely beautiful! I vote yes for the stamp camp card (wish I could come, LOL).

michelle sturgeon said...

GORGEOUIS card! I love the stamped background!

Renée said...

this is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Beautiful! i don't have Peaceful Wishes, but love what i've seen so many crafters do with it. Another great creation!

Kristina Lewis said...

Just lovely!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!! I love it Corie!!

Little C's Creations said...

this is so gorgeous girl!

jen

Linda McClain said...

wow, how beautiful! I love the colors, the distressing, all the special details and touches. Beautiful card.

Jessica said...

Amazing card! Love it

Becky G said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Absolutely Beautiful!! OMGosh I LOVE this card!! Corie you did such a wonderful job!! This is one of my favorite sets. Good Luck with Jr. High--I feel your pain GF!! Sounds like exactly like what we went through. But I have to say High School seems to be much better!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is absolutely stunning!! I have this set (sadly it's not even cut out) and you have definitely inspired me to use it!!!! Wow!!

Amanda Kennedy said...

I love it!! I'm CASEing this one for my advanced embossing class!!!

Sandy said...

Wow, a stunning card!

Heather P. said...

Oh Corie, this is gorgeous!