Friday, October 5

Did you all hear about no email Fridays? Apparently some companies are declaring Fridays as a no email day. I completely agree for work emails. Sometimes I think it seems like no one communicates face to face anymore, between voicemail and email you could sit at your desk and not need to see anyone -- well except for all the meetings I must attend.


I do not think it is true for personal email's and blurfing, except today. I only have time to post this card. I created it a few days ago, and completely forgot about it until I looked at the picture from yesterday. It was sitting right there on my desk. See I need to clean my desk!! The picture that I posted yesterday does not show the entire desk, I truly need to clean up the clutter before I can create anymore things. When I get it cleaned up I will post some pictures. I know you are saying yeah right. -- You said you would post some pictures of your self and you haven't. I took a picture of myself with my digital camera and it was horrible, so you will have to wait until I can scan some pictures that I already have. Several ladies asked about my ink storage. I will look up the company and get back to you about that too.

I know blah blah blah -- what about the card. I stamped the tree with olive and colored the star in with my summer sun marker. Then I sponged bashful blue around the tree. The DP is from SU, it is last year's holiday paper. Oh and the ribbon is dyed. I wanted to put yellow ribbon on this card to bring out the star and the little flower, but I did not have any ribbon that matched. So I ran my marker across both side of my white grosgrain ribbon. I like the bow, but it is covering up the sentiment a little, guess I will need to fix that.

If you have not commented on my Going Pink post please do. I would really like to hit 100.

Thanks ladies!!!

12 Comments:

Emily said...

Ohhh, how pretty!! Great layout and great colors!!

Deborah said...

I adore this Christmas card! Love that you colored the ribbon, looks great! LOL with your scrap area! Deb

michelle sturgeon said...

No, I like the bow, even if it overlaps a little. I like that it is orange.

Rita said...

Great card, I luv it! Good luck with your desk cleaning!

Rose Ann said...

Your Christmas card is so pretty! I love the colors and layout!

Michelle said...

Fabulous card. I love the orange - something non-traditional but it works so well! Very pretty.

Jessica said...

Love the color combo, very nice. Great card!

Shannon McGann said...

Another gorgeous card! I just ordered this stamp set, so I'm anxious for it to arrive so I can start using it! I love the cards you've made with it!

Jessica said...

i love everything about this card, awesome work! The yellow is a nice addition, really brightens it up!

kathleenh said...

Very pretty! Your dyed ribbon looks great. You'd never know it didn't come that way.

Stefanie said...

Cute card! I love the layout.

AJ said...

wow, another fabulous one!! love the contrasting ribbon also!