Friday, September 14

A Reject and a Keeper

Here is the last of my SWAP cards. I started with this one, but I thought it was lacking BLING. Can you tell that I LOVE this layout? I think it is simple, yet so beautiful. So this one is the reject.

This one is the keeper. I think I have worn out my ticket corner punch. 24 cards and numerous punches on each card. Well if any one was wondering whether these punches are worth it, I am here to tell you that they DEFINITELY are.

I stamped the Merry & Bright images, and water colored them in. Then I applied versamark over the image and embossed with Iridescent Ice. (I do not know whether you can see it in the picture). I added the scallop punched layer to this card. Well now that I am looking at it, maybe this one is a little busy. Oh well, I have already done 8 copies.



Stamps: Merry & Bright, The Snowflake Spot Inks: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark, Black Staz-on Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Holiday Harmony Designer Paper Extras: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, paint brush, Scallop, Ticket Corner, 1 ¼” & 1 3/8” circle punches, Dimensionals, Artichoke Ribbon

27 Comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely Christmas cards and I love the colors. Your blog is so much fun to check out. I see some really great ideas.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Well...I LOVE IT!!!....I too am addicted to those punches!...what in the world did we EVER do without them????........Great color combo too!...BTW....is there info on how many punches a punch will punch?LOL!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the bling on your second card, the layout and colors are fantastic.

June Houck said...

Wow! Lots of work, but I love your layout too. I really like the merry & bright AND the irredescent ice is a really nice touch. Really great cards, Girlfriend!

Debby Winters said...

What pretty Christmas Cards! I love your colours!

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it...super job!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome card! Love the scallops you added!

Pat's Paper Passion said...

The scalloped edging adds just the right touch to fill the card. I've borrowed a slip-punch and hope to use it making scalloped borders on cards this weekend.

I've noticed that I can like a card, but when I post a photo I usually see something I want to change.

Heather P. said...

I don't think it's too busy at all... I think it looks terrific!! :)

Shannon McGann said...

Both cards are great! I love the colours you chose, and I love that layout too! I need to get that stamp set! :)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that the scallop punch makes so much difference. It's hard to tell which one I like better. Maybe keep the scallop but not the glitter? Or vice versa? Doesnt really matter though, it's great as is!

Their both great cards!

Rose Ann said...

I love the scallops and sparkle on the second card...but the first is for sure NOT a reject! Awesome, girl!

Nancy Riley said...

Gosh, even your rejects are FANTASTIC! I wouldn't DARE show my rejects! hehehe! Both of these cards are GREAT!!!

The Cryer Family said...

Busy?? It's totally perfect!! What gorgeous cards you make!

Andrea, said...

Love this card, the images are so cute

Paula said...

Another winner, Corie! BTW, I love the layout you used. You made me a card with that layout, and I have it out on my desk. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both great cards - no rejects in my eyes. Please feel freee to send the "reject" to me any time !! LOL

We are often our worst critics - it boils down to YOU being happy with it.

TFS

Becky G said...

Great colors and I really love this layout too! Another wonderful creation!!!!

kathleenh said...

Good choice! The one with the scallops isn't too busy. It's really cute!

Risa said...

This card is beautiful! I like the color combo and the layout. This is a winner!

Tanis said...

Love it too! I used that layout awhile ago...I think it's time to do something with it again. Very cool!

Deborah said...

Perfect! Simply marvelous darling!!
Deb

Tina said...

Super terrific!

Tina

Julie Mutch said...

Both of these are gorgeous! I do really like the scallops, though! We're all suckers for scallops aren't we? lol :) TFS!

Melissa said...

Fabulous! Both cards are cute and I like the layout so much that I think I feel a CASE comin' on!

Unknown said...

Both of these cards are super cute! The layout is perfect for the small images.

Teri said...

both versions are beautiful!! Love the colors!!