Saturday, September 15

Ahoy Matey

This is a card for April, one of my Stampin' Ladies. She called me last night and asked me to make her a card for a 2 year old boy. So Ahoy Matey it is.


This is a tent topper card. I think these type of cards are great for the little ones. The best part of this card is that it stands up by itself. So the little boy can stand it up in his room if he would like.


I wheeled the map on whisper white. Then I watercolored parts and used markers on other parts. The mountain tops are highlighted with the white gel pen. When I was happy with the map, I tore the edges and sponged the entire image with So Saffron, to give it an aged look. I colored the little pirate with markers, and sponged around him with So Saffron too. I punched the corners with the ticket corner punch, (yes I am addicted), and placed the gold brads in the corners.


Here is a picture of the inside. I did not want to cover up the map with the sentiment so I put it on the inside of the card -- popped up on dimensionals.



Stamps: Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map Wheel, It's your birthday Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, Summer Sun, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Going Grey, Gable Green, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Basic Black Extras: Wheel Handle, Gold Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals, white gel pen

21 Comments:

kathleenh said...

This is so cute Corie! You did a great job watercoloring the map.

June Houck said...

Absolutely adorable! I love this card. Your friend should frame it and put it in his room.

Risa said...

This card is very cute Corie!

Tanis said...

He's gonna love it! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME CARD!! Love your coloring! I had just talked myself out of buying this set earlier this week...back on the wish list....enabler!!!

Anonymous said...

This set just makes some of the CUTEST cards!

I think I would have freaked out if I had got a card like this when I was a kid, I loved pirates.

My Paper World said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Deborah said...

Wonderful use of this great set! The map background is perfect! Deb

Tina said...

Super cute. I have been thinking about getting that set.

Tina

Crafty in Calgary said...

This card is fantastic! I just got this set & cannot wait to put it to good use--thanks for the inspiration, Corie!

Nancy Riley said...

Very cute card, Corie! The watercoloring is superb!

Leigh said...

such a cute card.

Karen Oliver said...

This is so cool. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card...makes me wish I had that stamp set!!!

Melissa said...

So cute! I really like the tent topper cards because it breaks my cycle of using the same couple of layouts over and over again!

Shannon McGann said...

Oh so cute! I love this stamp set for little boys! Great job!

Rose Ann said...

This is an awesome tent topper card! So cute, and I love your coloring!

Shelly said...

I love this! I have this set so this may be something I will have to case!

Erica Bass said...

you're coloring is so good! I love how this turned out.

Kristina Lewis said...

Seriously, this is so well done and soooo stinkin' cute!

Teri said...

love this card!! anther great masterpiece!