Tuesday, September 18

Featured Stamper

Sunday Challenges at SCS sound like they would be easy. Beth picks stamper and then we CASE one of her cards. This is the first time I have participated, and it is NOT easy. Michelle had so many cards to choose from, and every single one of them is a masterpiece.

This week's stamper was Zindorf, here is her card that I choose to CASE.

Stamps: Touch of Nature, Flannel, French Script Inks: Not Quite Navy, Rose Red marker Paper: Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla Extras: Dimensionals, paint brush, Bleach

My Anniversary was nice, --rather peaceful. The boys made Spaghetti, and actually cleaned up everything -- imagine that. I have not had a chance to scan pictures yet. I promise I will, it's just that work is a BEAR right now. It is the end of the fiscal year, and it is crazy this time of year.

OK -- I need to vent. -- It was Back-to-School night for Justin, my older son. Justin is in 7th grade (Middle School). How old do they have to be before we can stop going to Back-to-School night? If I was able to actually speak with his teachers it would be one thing, but I never seem to gain anything from going to these things. (The middle school ones) There were 10 other parents there --there are approximately 26 kids in each of his classes. So anyway we were given a list of things the teacher would accept and what they would not, and then what would happen if the kids broke the rules. What a negative experience. Boy-- middle school is so much different from elementary school. Brandon's teacher told us all kinds of things that the children would be learning this year. It was such a positive experience. I am not happy with Justin's school, I am just very thankful that he is in all the honors classes.

Sorry I do not complain very often, but sometimes it just gets to me. I actually thought about deleting all of this, but decided not to. I hope I have not offended any teachers out there. I think it is the second most important job in the world. Being a Mom is the first, or maybe I should say being a parent is the most important. I know so many teachers, and think they are all wonderful. Tonight was just one of those bad experiences.

17 Comments:

Debbie G said...

I am so glad my kids are all grown up cause I know it would be so difficult with all the restrictions that the kids have now. I don't blame you for venting. I would too. \

A beautiful car!!

Risa said...

It's ok to vent Corie....healthy even! Your card is beautiful and I hope you feel better.
Malieta:)

Diane Gilbert said...

Corie great job on the challenge! BTWhttp://djluvs2stamp.blogspot.com/ you've been tagged! Check it out:

Lynda said...

Hi Corie!
You did a great job on the CASE! I love it!

Don't let the grumpy teacher get to you. It sounds like your son will do just fine. Sometimes parents who don't care, make it difficult for those of us who do!!! I would think over the years, it has got to wear on you, as a teacher, dealing with problem parents AND kids!

First impressions aren't always the best impressions so give it a chance, I am sure it will be just fine!

Take care Corie!

~Lynda

Theresa said...

You did a wonderful job of the case! Smashing card!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a fantastic case!

I know when my kids start school that being supportive of the school is going to be one of my biggest challenges. I've always had issues with the schools and teachers I had because they were so restrictive. I just hope that my girls have awesome teachers!

Dont worry about complaining, sometimes you just need to!

Becky G said...

Wow! Fantastic job on the case, Corie! Great card!

Rose Ann said...

This is sooooo beautiful! I don't have that set, and seeing your card really makes me want it bad. ;)

Teri said...

Love the card! You are so good to create all the time. I don't know how you do it!! As for those teachers, my son is 12 and is in middle school too. I don't think these orientation classes end til they get to high school. Our parent night was a drag too and thank goodness my son is in those GT classes too!

Tina said...

The card is beautiful. Great job.
I totally understand about the Orientation (that's what our school calls it).

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is lovely. Sorry about the whole school thing, what a shame that only 10 parents showed up, I think that once kids hit middle school, teachers become more of monitors than teachers, don't believe it is their fault, think it is the lack of parent support but sure you can turn it around to a positive year for everyone.

Our Home Page said...

I am a mother of six and have seen about everything they can throw at us. Four or our children have special needs. What a nightmare with the schools.

We have pulled two of the children out of public schools and gone to a smaller, more private school and because the kids need extra help our school district has to pay for it. They are both doing so much better.

I do not attend the parent nights I try to do a one on one with teacher thru the year and they email me daily (the ones from the middle school).

Anonymous said...

Great job on the CASE! Stunning!

I hate that they don't understand that if you start with negativity with children you will get negativity back from them. Especially at that age. My boys have a new principal this year and he is AMAZING (the woman last year was so useless)! He has a work hard then play hard mentality and the kids have a lot of fun. They go for a one kilometer walk everyday after lunch as a whole school (teachers as well as any parents that may want to join in). The kids are loving it. Hopefully it gets better for you:)!

By the way, I tagged you on my blog this morning!
Hugs...Rhonda

michelle sturgeon said...

Vent all you want! It actually did sound rather negative...:(
Glad you had a nice anniversary.
You card is GORGEOUIS!

Leigh said...

Stunning card! Sorry about the negative experience at the school.

June Houck said...

Corie, your card is a masterpiece! I love, love, love it. But then, your cards are all works of art and love.
As a former middle school teacher, I am sorry you had a negative experience! Like most parents, most teachers are quite good, but unfortunately not all. I hope that this will be a good school year for your son and the negativity the teachers' expressed does not carry over the school year. FYI, at the beginning of the year I was always very strict with students and parents with my expectations, but yet I was always voted favorite teacher (and strictist teacher LOL) in the yearbook. Perhaps this was their intention? Now that I have biological children ( my students were my children too), I help my girls' teachers as much as I can to repay all the parents that were so good to me for the 15 years I taught school. The karma seems to be working...I have been fortunate so far to have had two GREAT school years. I don't doubt that you are one of those helpful parents that the teachers really appreciate. What is so sad is the parent that always has to do battle with the teachers because they think that makes them a "good parent". Those were the children I felt most sorry for...their parent never realized we were on the same team and they often lost sight of what was best for their child.

Linda McClain said...

Hey love, Your card is gorgeous.

We kept going back-to-school all through high school. I always thought it was a blast. Even if I never got to talk to the teacher, at least I got to put a face with the name of my childrens' teachers, administrators, friends, their parents . . . It's fun, too, to see the expressions on the teachers' faces when they tell them who your child is. Oh . . . your HIS parents?!

Yep, you can imagine, they don't invite me to meet their college profs.

Enjoy.