Monday, August 13

Pointsettia with BLING


Well the boys are at Grandma and Grandpa's this week. Rick and I dropped them off yesterday. I will miss them, but it is so nice being able to spend time with hubby.

We actually went shopping yesterday, he even suggested that we visit AC Moore and the BIG Joann. So, I picked up this poinsettia stamp. I have been trying not to buy non-SU! stamps. This one was calling out my name, and I had a 40% off coupon -- so I HAD to buy it right?

I really wish you could see the bling on this card. I embossed the entire image, and the card front too. I water colored the flower with Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava. The leaves are Wild Wasabi, with a little Always Artichoke for dimension. I love the way the flower turned out, I just need to work on a better layout for the card.

Stamps: Pointsettia (LSS), Fine Lace BG Inks: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke, Black Staz on Paper: Groovy Guava, Whisper White, Basic Black Extras: Heat gun, Iridescent Ice EP, Vintage Brads, Paint brush, Ticket Corner and Corner Rounder punches, dimensionals

28 Comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, this is great, love the layout, it allows the flower to pop.

michelle sturgeon said...

Very SPARKLY! Great card, Corie!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Corie! This card is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Love the sparkle. You can see it...amazing girl!

Dana said...

Whoa! Look at how beautifully this card sparkles! So pretty. And why NOT buy non-SU stamps? *grin* There is always room for diversity, right?

Melissa said...

This is stunning Corie! I've been trying to do the same thing (not by non-SU! stamps) and sometimes it's really, really hard!!

Samm said...

This is lovely, what a great card!

Samm
x

Deborah said...

I love this stamp, I acquired it last year! You did a super job with this card, keep them coming! Deb

Little C's Creations said...

i can't wait to have "Mommy n' Daddy" days off... right now, we only have dates... a full day would be AWESOME!!!

very pretty card, girl!! totally love it!!!
hugs,
Jen

kathy said...

beautiful card Corie. I just absolutely love it

Heather P. said...

WOW, this is unbelievably AMAZING!!!

Michele Kovack said...

I think this card turned out beautiful! WOWZERS!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty, Corie! :)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I see some bling! This must really sparkle.

Wow!

Lori Barnett said...

I think the layout is perfect! Your focal point here is the beautiful flower image...and they layout doesn't take away from that. You nailed this girl! Sparkles and all :)

Anonymous said...

HOLY SH**! This is a beautiful card for sure!!!

So Sonya said...

what a stunning stamp, I adore poinsettias. I spend ages every year trying to find a decent poinsettia stamp and can never find any over here!!!

Brilliant card

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

Paula said...

Corrie, this card is fabulous! That is a great stamp, and the glitter makes it look all icy and snowy. Beautiful.

Rochelle W said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the sparkle!!

June Houck said...

This is absolutely lovely! The bling is a perfect effect.

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Beautiful! TFS :0)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have such talent, I love your card!

Shelly said...

Corie, this is beautiful! Your cards are always so inspiring! Groovy Guava never fails to amaze me, great job!

Ashley said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE ALL OF THE BLING!! Excellent job! You have wonderful creativity! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!

Leigh said...

beautiful card.

Ila said...

Wow! This is Fabulous...love all the sparkle.