Saturday, July 21

Jen's Weekly Sketch Challenge #7

This is the first of my new caddy stamps. I love this set! It is relatively inexpensive, and beautiful to boot. I like these types of stamp set for the holidays.

This one is for Jen's Weekly Sketch Challenge. It is due today, I did not think I was going to make it. (To be honest I had until noon tomorrow, she is 6 hours behind me -- but that's cheating *wink wink*)

I stamped my image with staz on, and then water-colored the picture. I used the white gel pen a few places to add some snow. I distressed the edges with my scissors.
I am happy with how the image came out, but the rest was difficult. I had a hard time placing the sentiment, and then choosing which paper to use. You would think that would be the easy part. Next time I am going to choose the paper first, then paint the image from colors in the paper.

Stamps: Sleigh Bells Ring Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand, River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, Timber Brown (Staz on) Paper: Brocade DP, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Ivory Naturals Extras: Large Brads (LSS), Corner Rounder punch, dimensionals, paint brush, White gel pen

6 Comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love your watercoloring.

Nancy Riley said...

Gorgeous card! I love your choice of papers! Great victorian look!

Little C's Creations said...

wow sweets!! What a very pretty card!! you always do fabulous work - thanks again for playing!!!

Aloha,
Jen

Teri said...

I love the colors! very nice card!

Susan said...

Wow! Beautiful card. I also subscribed to your blog ... it seemed to work just fine.
Susan

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So stunning! You did a wonderful job with the colors and design. I love it!