Sunday, July 22

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge

This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge. I change the image to a circle instead of an oval. Then after I attached the flower, I realized I placed it in the wrong spot. Good thing Beate says that these sketch challenges are guidelines -- not rules.


I used the retired spring showers paper. I mounted each piece on a piece of so saffron, individually. If I do this over, (which I probably will), I will mount the DP on one piece of card stock -- not individually.

I stamped the flower 3 times, 1 for the cameo coral layer, 1 for the saffron layer, and 1 for the leaves. I watercolored each layer.

I like this layout, I think I will try again before Wednesday.

Stamps: Doodle This Ink: Old Olive, Cameo Coral, So Saffron, Timber Brown (Staz on) Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, DP (retired) Extras: Dimensionals, Ribbon (spring mini), Paint brush

20 Comments:

Lori said...

This is so pretty! I love how you used the Doodle This flower with the Spring Showers paper. They look great together.

Emily said...

This is beautiful! I love the way the flowers are layered! Very pretty! =)

Alhambra Club said...

Awesome card, love how you layered the flowers.

Shannon McGann said...

Gorgeous as always! I love the ribbon!

Michelle L. said...

Corie, that card is gorgeous! I love the doodle flower with that paper, and that ribbon is so yummy!

Karen said...

Great card! Love the colors and great job on the sketch challenge!

Amy said...

Lovely card ... especially that extra green flower tucked underneath. What a perfect extra little punch!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such gracious comments :-)

Christie said...

Great card! I love the flower and the beautiful colors. Think I need to go try this sketch - it looks like fun!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! This is a great use of Beate's sketch! Love it!

June Houck said...

Very nice! You know I had to have that paper, bought it, and still have not used it?! I will have to dig it out and make some cards with it SOON. Right now my craft room looks like a bomb went off...I need to finish all the "almost complete" cards and put the materials away before creating another huge mess :) Love the ribbon you used too!!!

Anonymous said...

Cori, this looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! You rocked it! Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card Corie, love the layered flowers

Jessica said...

Great job with the challenge! It looks great.

Rika said...

Fab card!

Natty said...

Really beautiful. :oD

Teri said...

I love this card! I might have to CASE it...so pretty! Thanks for sharing your talents! Teri

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card Corie! I love the layers of flowers in different colors!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Dana said...

What a beautiful card. I've been meaning to use up some of that same paper and jsut never do. You've inspired me!

Heather P. said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the flower, and the colors are so pretty. :)