Tuesday, July 3

CASE from the New Caddy

Here is my card for the day. I CASEd the layout from the catalog. You can see it on page 41 -- the Keep Christmas set. I plan on doing several of these CASEs to show how the catalogue is really an IDEAs book.

For the true thyme layer I stamped the floral BG with Artichoke craft ink, and embossed with clear. For the marigold layer I stamped the aida BG with summer sun craft ink, and embossed with clear. The naturals layer I rolled caramel ink on with the speckled wheel. For the chocolate layer I rolled chocolate ink with the rough texture wheel. The rest is obvious, I stamped the bee, flower, and leaves and then cut them out. I think just about everything is up on dimensionals.

I really like using the craft inks and clear embossing powder. It give the card such nice texture, and it matches perfectly. What more could a girl ask for?

Stamps: Serene Sunflower, Aida, Floral Inks: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun (craft ink too), Marigold Morning, True Thyme, Always Artichoke (craft) Paper: Chocolate Chip, Ivory Natural, Marigold Morning, True Thyme Extras: Speckled and Rough Texture Jumbo Wheels, Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, Vintage Brads, Ribbon (LSS)

Don't forget about the Candy. You can see the post here.

10 Comments:

Melissa said...

Good gravy - great minds think alike! I'm signing up to be a demonstrator later this month and was literally thinking the exact same thing just a few minutes ago!

Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea. I originally had scanned the scrap pages, and cut them to fit into a 6x6 album. BTW, I love the card. I haven't gotten sunflowers yet. I finished my website (few tweaking yet to do). So hopefully i'll be able to stamp tomorrow and catch up on some challenges. Thanks for all your hugs and wishes!

Laura Evangeline said...

Ok, I'm getting Serene Sunflower out right NOW!

Tracy.H said...

Great card! And so true...there is one particular card that I am thinking of using as a sketch challenge ;0)

Angel said...

This is beautiful!

BarbK said...

Great card. Now I need this set, too! Oh well, I might as well go broke and be down with it. Love your card.

Linda McClain said...

what a beatuiful card, and you're right, I really should use the catalog more as an idea book. It's a beautiful catalog! Linda

Little C's Creations said...

You did a Marvelous job, sister!!! Love it!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous - I actually love yours more than the SU original! Very nicely done!

Amy said...

Ah, stunning! So lush and full of texture!!!