Friday, June 29

TLC122 & CC120

This card is for Monday and Tuesday's Challenge. We needed to make a long card using retired stamps or retired colors for TLC 122. The colors this week for CC120 were Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning, and Pretty in Pink.

These colors look nice together. I usually think that marigold is such a bright color, but the pink and the cool caribbean tones it down.

I used 3 of the flower images from Florence. I water colored them in with refill inks. I used crystal effects and glitter on the centers to give them dimension. (I do not think that you can see it in the picture.) I also punched out 17 circles and attached them with glue dots.
This card took a long time. I had to wait for the ink to dry, and then for the crystal effects to dry. This was done in between kids running around, fixing dinner, talking to hubby, and both dogs getting sick. Over all I think it turned out OK.
Stamps: Flannel BG, Sketch it (sentiment), flowers (?) Inks: Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black Paper: Cool Caribbean, Marigold Morning, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White Extras: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamond Glitter, 1/4" circle punch, glue dots, dimensionals, SS brads, corner rounder punch, pink gingham ribbon, small paint brush

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh that card is so cute. I shyed away from doing a different size, and my week turned crazy. Glad you had a chance to get it uploaded. TFS

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, this is great, Corie! Way to combine challenges!

June Houck said...

LOVE the colors! I'm so glad you were able to post today :)

Paula said...

Corie, I love the colors used here. It reminds me of Key West, such bright, vibrant colors. TFS

Pearl said...

lovely stamped cards you make !