Monday, July 12

IC239 & CAS75 & F4A20

This card had a mind of its own. I started out with the Inspiration Challenge. Our inspiration site this week is Oompa. I was inspired by the little stuffed toy that you can see here. I think this little one is so cute, and I love the flower on her tummy. That flower made me think of the Elegant Bouquet EF. I have no idea how I went from that inspiration to this card but that’s what happened. I guess that’s why they call this an inspiration challenge. :o)

I combined the Inspiration Challenge with the CAS challenge -- to use dry embossing. I embossed the white layer with diagonal lines with my paper cutter/scorer, and then embossed it again with the Elegant Bouquet EF. I colored in the vines (certainly celery), flowers (daffodil delight), and flower centers (pretty in pink) with markers. I tied my ribbon, and I thought I was done. Then I remembered the Free 4 All challenge from Friday was to use something new. I just received these adhesive rhinestones, so I put them on the flower centers.

Now you see my 3 challenge card, do ya like it?

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: none
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (all markers)
Extras: Paper cutter/score, Adhesive Rhinestones, Pink Satin Ribbon, Elegant Bouquet EF

18 Comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You definitely know how to pack the wow-factor into your creations Corie!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so PRETTY!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love all the texture! So pretty and elegant.

Margie said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is so delicate and pretty!

inkedx2 said...

Corie ~ This is so pretty. What's your secret to coloring the embossed images on this folder?

Robbie

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Creative Grammie said...

Love it! I love the colors the textures and the rhinestones!

Paula said...

the card is so pretty! I love that embossing folder and plan to add it to my collection.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Corie, this is gorgeous! I love all your work and style is fabulous!

Deanne :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Corie! I love it!

Risa said...

Wow...your card is stunning Corie! I love the flowers, the detailing is amazing!
hugs
Risa:)

jaydee said...

Corie
fabulous... isn't it amazing where our minds travel when we have an inspiration. I'm certainly pleased you created this fabulous card. The rhinestones are the perfect touch!
hugs
jaydee

Allison Rankin said...

Stunning...you're killing me.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, Corie!! Love how you colored the embossed flowers and that bow looks good enough to eat ... this is too fabulous!

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card-love the scoring, the colored embossing. I really like that embossing folder. tfs

leslie said...

Wow, a 3-fer! Nice job!

I love the double embossing, and I'm also impressed with your coloring. I can never get my marker to stay where I want it. ;)

Joy said...

what a sweet card...love the simplicity of it all. have a good day!