Sunday, July 18

APP7

Good Morning -- it's Sunday, and that means its Paper Player Challenge time. This week is the Sketch challenge.

All of the Paper Players have created beautiful cards for the challenge. Make sure you go visit and leave some love.

LeAnne – WEEinklings
Lesley – Always Playing with Paper
Marlene (July’s Guest Designer) – Hands On

Remember to check the site next Saturday when the winners will be announced. The winner will receive a “Headliner” badge to proudly display on their BLOG. There will also be honorable mention picks that will receive a “Cut Above” badge to proudly display on their BLOG.


I used the Elements of Style stamp set. I love this set, everyone should have it!! I stamped the swirl on vanilla card stock and then embossed it with the Square Lattice EF. I love this effect, it's so elegant. Then I stamped the flower, and then used a blender pen to add some basic grey to color the flowers. I sponged around everything with Crumb Cake. Don't you love this new color, it's great for distressing? I also tried the pleated ribbon treatment. This is my first time trying this, but I think I need to practice a little.

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Elements of Style
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Inks: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Crumb Cake
Extras: Sticky Strip, Glue dots, Black Satin Ribbon, 1" & 1-1/4" circle punches, Vintage Brads, Paper Piercer, sponges

The card inside: .

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card, Corie.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

Kathy Martin said...

Elegant card! Love the inking! :)

Michelle L. said...

Just gorgeous, Corie!!!

Joy said...

this card came out wonderful! seems like that's the new in...sepia or black and white. love how your card looks! happy Monday!

Hands On said...

I just love how you aged the card. It is just gorgeous. I love having Crumb Cake in ink too!

LeAnne said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! You have a knack, girl!

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, and I love the vintage feel!! Fabulous, Corie!!

jaydee said...

Corie
another fabulous card. I love the way you highlighted the central focal point. The monochromatic color scheme is so elegant.
thanks for inspiring us again this week
hugs
jaydee

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Your cards and your blog are wonderful!
I love it.
Greatings from germany
Annette

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So beautiful! I love everything about it!
:-)